RIP William Gentry

Hope There is a Pool Table in Heaven
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jim Murnak
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:14 am 

Here is a pic of my Jim Murnak case.

I used the pic from his website when the case was brand new. I beat my cases up a little bit, so it doesn't look as good now. The only thing I wish I could change is that the light color has darkened over time so there is not as much contrast.

Post some more pic's of Murnaks!

Royce Bunnell
http://www.obcues.com

Attachments:
OB-1 Case.JPG
OB-1 Case.JPG [ 104.82 KiB | Viewed 327 times ]

Post subject: Re: Jim Murnak
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:40 am 

Even though I'm in CT I don't know much about Jim's cases, I don't own one and nobody around here owns one. Have you used other cases before you switched to this one ? And if so how does it compare??

Jim <----Doesn't own a Murnak

Post subject: Re: Jim Murnak
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:56 am 

Jimbo,

I have owned the standard mass produced cases, and most recently a Dennis Swift 3x6 custom leather case.

I put the Murnak case right there with the other high end case makers in quality and fit and finish.

I don't think it will protect my cues against nuclear explosion like the John Barton cases, but in the event of a nuclear explosion I don't think my cue will be my first priority.

I chose this case primarily because of the pocket design, and it was something different. The pockets are very unique. The zipper opens the full length, and the pocket is a fabric pouch that layer over each other. It's amazing what I can cram into this case!

With that said, I would love to have the following cases:

John Barton. His cases provide the best protection, as far as what I can see, of any case out there.

Jack Justis. Justis cases are just unbelievably clean and detailed. Truly top notch workmanship.

Something different. I am still looking for that new design that departs from all the others. Pretty much everyone builds cases like the old traditional tube style case. It's kind of like points in a cue, it's just the way it is done. Some now use different liners and no tubes, but the same basic principle is still there. I don't know that it will ever happen, but maybe it will. I for one would like to see it!

I do recommend the Murnak case.

Royce Bunnell
http://www.obcues.com