RIP William Gentry

Hope There is a Pool Table in Heaven
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: JB Cases Gallery
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:45 pm
Posts: 503
jbideas wrote:
I get it and you're right. Chris Tate and others have said the same thing. I have a ways to go to get to cool-ass dude status.


Most of the time I think it is the cool-ass dude, with some great knowledge and humor, too.
And it would be awesome to see (and read) that John Barton as often as possible. :mrgreen:

Eric"h" ------- lets talk about the case I asked

_________________
Cues : Too many to list here
Cases : Not that much
Always open for Trades, Buying or Selling
http://www.billardpro.at


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JB Cases Gallery
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:53 pm
Posts: 1089
jbideas wrote:
RunScott wrote:
John, when someone 'talks' this much, I know what's coming out of their mouths, as does everyone else.

I've already stated my views and they are correct. Yours are incorrect. Get used to it, and enjoy the fruits of cheap labor and an unfair trade situation, while you can. Our government will wise up at some point.

Also, thanks for reminding me why I dislike you - I had forgotten.


Yeah right. Your only answer is that you are right and I am wrong.

You dislike me because you cannot bully me with falsehoods and red herrings.

The FACT is that you want to be able to state your position and have no one challenge it.

That's why you won't get off your ass and refute my points with anything better than "is not".

My staff of six year old Chinese kids could do better than that.


Edited. You aren't worth my time, or anyone else's.

_________________
http://www.belltownvintage.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JB Cases Gallery
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:39 am
Posts: 357
RunScott wrote:
jbideas wrote:
RunScott wrote:
John, when someone 'talks' this much, I know what's coming out of their mouths, as does everyone else.

I've already stated my views and they are correct. Yours are incorrect. Get used to it, and enjoy the fruits of cheap labor and an unfair trade situation, while you can. Our government will wise up at some point.

Also, thanks for reminding me why I dislike you - I had forgotten.


Yeah right. Your only answer is that you are right and I am wrong.

You dislike me because you cannot bully me with falsehoods and red herrings.

The FACT is that you want to be able to state your position and have no one challenge it.

That's why you won't get off your ass and refute my points with anything better than "is not".

My staff of six year old Chinese kids could do better than that.


Edited. You aren't worth my time, or anyone else's.


You're right I am not. So why turn a show and tell about cases into a debate about globalization? You want to rag on me and rant about the state of the world and call me a tiny tiny contributor to a larger problem but don't want to look in the mirror yourself.

I could go off about your consumerism and the FACT that America with 5% of the world's population uses 30% of it's energy output and call you part of the problem.

But this is a pool forum and we could just talk about POOL CUES and CASES.

Got any more knockoffs from your collection you want to show us?

_________________
The hypocrite's creed by Jim Brennan, after giving dozens of free passes to friends

I disagree, for me there is right or wrong, and a lot of well established FRIENDS have done WRONG.
Jim <---Wrong is wrong, friends don't get a pass from me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JB Cases Gallery
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:41 pm
Posts: 2122
Location: Lincoln NE
jbideas wrote:
I could go off about your consumerism and the FACT that America with 5% of the world's population uses 30% of it's energy output and call you part of the problem.


God bless America. Land that I love. Stand beside her and guide her though the night from the light up above.



<~~~left all the lights in my house on this morning!

_________________
You have come here from all over the world because society has no further use for you. This place will now be your home and land until your death.


Ryan Theewen
RAT cues/full service cue repair


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JB Cases Gallery
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:37 pm
Posts: 4855
Thank God (or Murray) for the "Mark Topics Read" option.....

Scott

_________________
This space for rent


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JB Cases Gallery
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:53 pm
Posts: 1089
ScottR wrote:
Thank God (or Murray) for the "Mark Topics Read" option.....

Scott


Yes, I just went through my subscriptions and got rid of anything related to this tool. It's a shame when a forum member is so aggravating and worthless that you actually have to mark them as 'ignore', but JB has once again qualified.

_________________
http://www.belltownvintage.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JB Cases Gallery
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:39 am
Posts: 357
RunScott wrote:
ScottR wrote:
Thank God (or Murray) for the "Mark Topics Read" option.....

Scott


Yes, I just went through my subscriptions and got rid of anything related to this tool. It's a shame when a forum member is so aggravating and worthless that you actually have to mark them as 'ignore', but JB has once again qualified.


Adios. Now I won't have to put up with your whiny nonsense. Use the time to educate yourself on basic economics.

_________________
The hypocrite's creed by Jim Brennan, after giving dozens of free passes to friends

I disagree, for me there is right or wrong, and a lot of well established FRIENDS have done WRONG.
Jim <---Wrong is wrong, friends don't get a pass from me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JB Cases Gallery
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:39 am
Posts: 357
ratcues wrote:
jbideas wrote:
I could go off about your consumerism and the FACT that America with 5% of the world's population uses 30% of it's energy output and call you part of the problem.


God bless America. Land that I love. Stand beside her and guide her though the night from the light up above.



<~~~left all the lights in my house on this morning!


No doubt. As far as I am concerned I hope that Americans use up all the oil in the world as fast as humanly possible. Then we can really move on to sustainable and renewable energy.

Each day we receive all that we need from the sun. So do it. Waste energy all you want to. It's the Christian thing to do to waste while others are in need.

I did my part wasting energy and resources on this post.

As one of Chris Rock's characters says "God Bless America and fuck everyone else" (said when playing a "candidate" in the 2008 elections)

_________________
The hypocrite's creed by Jim Brennan, after giving dozens of free passes to friends

I disagree, for me there is right or wrong, and a lot of well established FRIENDS have done WRONG.
Jim <---Wrong is wrong, friends don't get a pass from me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JB Cases Gallery
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:41 pm
Posts: 2122
Location: Lincoln NE
jbideas wrote:
No doubt. As far as I am concerned I hope that Americans use up all the oil in the world as fast as humanly possible. Then we can really move on to sustainable and renewable energy.


I'll do my best. Maybe we can do what China does and use unwashed coal to power everything. Hell, they have so much that they have had underground fires burning for a hundred years or so. They don't care to put them out because they aren't close to metro areas. 100,000 people die in China each year just from the acid rain. An estimated 200,000-300,000 die because of poor air quality.

China is the largest polluter in the world. End of story. (do you guys smell sulfur or is it just me?)


<~~doesn't really care, just like to get your panties in a knot.

_________________
You have come here from all over the world because society has no further use for you. This place will now be your home and land until your death.


Ryan Theewen
RAT cues/full service cue repair


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JB Cases Gallery
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:09 pm
Posts: 875
Location: ClearLake, WA
ratcues wrote:
jbideas wrote:
No doubt. As far as I am concerned I hope that Americans use up all the oil in the world as fast as humanly possible. Then we can really move on to sustainable and renewable energy.


I'll do my best. Maybe we can do what China does and use unwashed coal to power everything. Hell, they have so much that they have had underground fires burning for a hundred years or so. They don't care to put them out because they aren't close to metro areas. 100,000 people die in China each year just from the acid rain. An estimated 200,000-300,000 die because of poor air quality.

China is the largest polluter in the world. End of story. (do you guys smell sulfur or is it just me?)


<~~doesn't really care, just like to get your panties in a knot.


With all due respect, Ryan...we are no better: http://www.fifedrum.org/rhinohug/Otherfires.html

The reality is that China is going through their Industrial Revolution much in the same way this country did in the mid1800's through the early 1900's. True, they are doing it in a much bigger way...they are a much larger country with a whole lot more people. We were guilty of being major polluters with little care for the effect on the environment back then as well. They are emerging from a Third World country status, and are racing at full steam to catch up with the rest of us. Either they will figure it out, or they won't...but the reality is there is very little we can do about it, except to offer our guidance from the lessons we have learned in this country.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JB Cases Gallery
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:39 am
Posts: 357
ratcues wrote:
jbideas wrote:
No doubt. As far as I am concerned I hope that Americans use up all the oil in the world as fast as humanly possible. Then we can really move on to sustainable and renewable energy.


I'll do my best. Maybe we can do what China does and use unwashed coal to power everything. Hell, they have so much that they have had underground fires burning for a hundred years or so. They don't care to put them out because they aren't close to metro areas. 100,000 people die in China each year just from the acid rain. An estimated 200,000-300,000 die because of poor air quality.

China is the largest polluter in the world. End of story. (do you guys smell sulfur or is it just me?)


<~~doesn't really care, just like to get your panties in a knot.


Well China has people to spare on things like acid rain deaths. Don't you think it's funny that America is the biggest consumer of Chinese goods so therefore America is also responsible for industrial pollution happening in China.

You know where the computer monitors and other parts go to be recycled? Not in a proper recycling facility in the USA, those are just for show. The bulk of them gets sent to China illegally to be torn apart by people with their bare hands. Why? Because it's more profitable for these "green" companies in the USA to sell this stuff to China than it is to properly and safely break them down. Yet they cheerfully collect your DONATED used monitors and computer junk and you think it's all going to be recycled safely and properly.

It's kind of sad that you would write that you don't care and just want to yank my chain. Because it's precisely that kind of apathy that is the problem.

In my shop we recycle everything possible and break it all down to the smallest possible units. I train my people about the value of saving energy and being efficient and using what we have, repairing instead of throwing out. I give away scrap leather to my people so that they can make and sell small leather items like keychains and wallets. I lead by example to show them a better way to live in harmony with the environment.

But China is also becoming a leader in renewable energy. They are building more windmills than any other country. They are investing billions into electric cars. The entire taxi fleet in Xiamen 30,000 cars runs on natural gas as do most of the buses. In this city of two million plus no gas powered motorcycles are allowed. Only electric bikes and scooters are allowed. And a LOT of the goods are moved around the city by human power on bicycles.

China has the world's largest hydroelectric dam and many more that are huge.

So yes, they are NOW the world's largest producer of pollution. They JUST passed America by the way who is still in a solid second place. So China at 1.4 billion humans produces just slightly more pollution than America with 300 million humans. I wouldn't be so proud of that and be thinking about next time you drive to the store for a loaf of bread.

So we can play the stats game all day but it doesn't absolve the USA of it's role as the world's number one consumer BY CAPITA of energy and the number one polluter BY CAPITA (meaning per individual).

The rest of the world looks at America and the lifestyle of Americans and wants the same. If there is a war between capitalism and communism then capitalism has won and everyone in China is trying to be just like you.

Cats in the Cradle.

_________________
The hypocrite's creed by Jim Brennan, after giving dozens of free passes to friends

I disagree, for me there is right or wrong, and a lot of well established FRIENDS have done WRONG.
Jim <---Wrong is wrong, friends don't get a pass from me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JB Cases Gallery
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:41 pm
Posts: 2122
Location: Lincoln NE
I've got it all figured out. John, instead of typing all of this, we can put a windmill in front of your face and you can dictate that tripe to us.


<~~~what about the cows you get the leather from? They produce 20% of our pollution from there wastes. (you call yourself green)

<<~~~gotta go flush 8oz of urine with 2.5 gallons of clean water.;)

_________________
You have come here from all over the world because society has no further use for you. This place will now be your home and land until your death.


Ryan Theewen
RAT cues/full service cue repair


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JB Cases Gallery
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:39 am
Posts: 357
ratcues wrote:
I've got it all figured out. John, instead of typing all of this, we can put a windmill in front of your face and you can dictate that tripe to us.


<~~~what about the cows you get the leather from? They produce 20% of our pollution from there wastes. (you call yourself green)

<<~~~gotta go flush 8oz of urine with 2.5 gallons of clean water.;)


Leather is a natural byproduct of cattle grown for the meat you consume. The production of leather which is very toxic still uses less energy and pollutes less than the vast industrial complex producing the leather substitute vinyl. The resulting material, leather, is infinitely more durable and adaptable to many more uses than vinyl.

Your trite answers only reveal your ignorance and lack of concern for your fellow human beings. I mean I find it hilarious that you want to start in on me at the production level but don't look around your shop to see the hardwoods that come from rainforests which are being depleted massively.

_________________
The hypocrite's creed by Jim Brennan, after giving dozens of free passes to friends

I disagree, for me there is right or wrong, and a lot of well established FRIENDS have done WRONG.
Jim <---Wrong is wrong, friends don't get a pass from me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JB Cases Gallery
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:41 pm
Posts: 2122
Location: Lincoln NE
Yes, I see the wood. I'm a careless consumer. I buy Chinese electronic products and do not expect them to last more than three years. When they don't, I toss them in a landfill, further polluting the earth. I eat meat. I shoot toxic clearcoat. I could walk to work. Its only about a half mile from my house but I drive there. I drive home at lunch time so I can eat more meat. My vehicles get poor gas mileage too. Detriot's finest! Did I miss anything?

<~~~I wish I had more hair so I could use hairspray.

<<~~~I'm just messin' with ya JB. Lighten up a little.

_________________
You have come here from all over the world because society has no further use for you. This place will now be your home and land until your death.


Ryan Theewen
RAT cues/full service cue repair


Last edited by ratcues on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JB Cases Gallery
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:37 pm
Posts: 4855
jbideas wrote:
RunScott wrote:
ScottR wrote:
Thank God (or Murray) for the "Mark Topics Read" option.....

Scott


Yes, I just went through my subscriptions and got rid of anything related to this tool. It's a shame when a forum member is so aggravating and worthless that you actually have to mark them as 'ignore', but JB has once again qualified.


Adios. Now I won't have to put up with your whiny nonsense. Use the time to educate yourself on basic economics.

It's not the economics, you nimrod. It is your inability to state your case in anything less that 10,000 words or rambing psycho-babble.

I know it is a waste of time, but...... You keep saying "I've learned and I'm not going to fall into this trap again." And, guess what. Welcome to the abyss..... there you go.

Why don't you let your work and your "true" actions speak for themselves? The people that matter will notice. The ones that don't..... so fucking what???

Scott <<== means nothing to jbideas and happy with that

_________________
This space for rent


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group