RIP Paul Dayton

Been a Tough Year
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: My everyday "JH" case.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:07 am
Posts: 23
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
I love this case, it's awesome!!!!!

The padded interior is great. Its something that Roger had engineered at a local college or something. it works awesome, hold the cues tight, but not TOO tight. I like it best of all the interiors I've tried. His tooling is awesome too. He does it all himself, and the most advance piece of technology used to create his works of art is a hammer. Volturi Cases are just plain awesome. Good guy, good service, and a good product, what more can a guy ask for!

Any way here are a few pics!


Attachments:
case 3.jpg
case 3.jpg [ 64.21 KiB | Viewed 1258 times ]
case 1.jpg
case 1.jpg [ 27.4 KiB | Viewed 1258 times ]
case 2.jpg
case 2.jpg [ 39.25 KiB | Viewed 1258 times ]

_________________
Keith Kues
www.keithkues.com

Volturi Cases
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:37 pm
Posts: 4860
Love the workmanship!

Scott

_________________
This space for rent


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:59 pm
Posts: 18
jhanso18 wrote:
I love this case, it's awesome!!!!!

The padded interior is great. Its something that Roger had engineered at a local college or something. it works awesome, hold the cues tight, but not TOO tight. I like it best of all the interiors I've tried. His tooling is awesome too. He does it all himself, and the most advance piece of technology used to create his works of art is a hammer. Volturi Cases are just plain awesome. Good guy, good service, and a good product, what more can a guy ask for!

Any way here are a few pics!


A laser is less advanced than a hammer? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:07 am
Posts: 23
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
capefairpool wrote:
jhanso18 wrote:
I love this case, it's awesome!!!!!

The padded interior is great. Its something that Roger had engineered at a local college or something. it works awesome, hold the cues tight, but not TOO tight. I like it best of all the interiors I've tried. His tooling is awesome too. He does it all himself, and the most advance piece of technology used to create his works of art is a hammer. Volturi Cases are just plain awesome. Good guy, good service, and a good product, what more can a guy ask for!

Any way here are a few pics!


A laser is less advanced than a hammer? :lol:




I don't get the laugh? please elaborate? I was told, "the most advance piece of technology used to create his works of art is a hammer." by Roger. Maybe you know something I don't?

_________________
Keith Kues
www.keithkues.com

Volturi Cases


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:59 pm
Posts: 18
jhanso18 wrote:
capefairpool wrote:
jhanso18 wrote:
I love this case, it's awesome!!!!!

The padded interior is great. Its something that Roger had engineered at a local college or something. it works awesome, hold the cues tight, but not TOO tight. I like it best of all the interiors I've tried. His tooling is awesome too. He does it all himself, and the most advance piece of technology used to create his works of art is a hammer. Volturi Cases are just plain awesome. Good guy, good service, and a good product, what more can a guy ask for!

Any way here are a few pics!


A laser is less advanced than a hammer? :lol:




I don't get the laugh? please elaborate? I was told, "the most advance piece of technology used to create his works of art is a hammer." by Roger. Maybe you know something I don't?


Sorry Justin, it just struck me as funny and I wasn't knocking your case. It just looks to me like he uses a laser to cut the leather parts for the cases and uses it to lay his patterns onto the leather. And that's NOT a big deal, lot's a people use them in leatherworking. But when you say the most advanced thing he uses is a hammer it makes me think of a guy that's out back in the woodshed carving leather with a sharpened nail. Good looking case by the way. Here's a link to someone using one on leather.
http://youtu.be/5F2yV_ancTo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:07 am
Posts: 23
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
OIC, Yeah, I'm not really sure. Those were Rogers words, not mine. I know he does all his carving and tooling by hand, I'm not sure about the cutting of pieces. Wouldn't surprise me one way or the other.

I know Roger loves building cases though. He has several other sources of income, so this is TRULY something he loves to do. It shows in his work.

Thanks for the input. I wasn't insulted at all. I'm always curious, and want to learn more.

best,

Justin

_________________
Keith Kues
www.keithkues.com

Volturi Cases


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:25 am
Posts: 6581
Location: CT
jhanso18 wrote:
Volturi Cases are just plain awesome. Good guy, good service, and a good product, what more can a guy ask for!



Ummmm An awesome price????
What do I win???

Can you please take more pics of the front and back panels, I really like this case and would love to see more of it.

Jim <----Needs to see more.

_________________
I am in a very very small group of people that can buy any cue they want that can make that statement.
Congrats,
Nick Serdula


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:07 am
Posts: 23
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
JimBo wrote:
jhanso18 wrote:
Volturi Cases are just plain awesome. Good guy, good service, and a good product, what more can a guy ask for!



Ummmm An awesome price????
What do I win???

Can you please take more pics of the front and back panels, I really like this case and would love to see more of it.

Jim <----Needs to see more.



My good camera crapped out on me. As soon as I get it replaced or repaired, I will get some better pics up. Cases are crazy priced. I was fully ready to pay double what i paid for this one.

_________________
Keith Kues
www.keithkues.com

Volturi Cases


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:25 am
Posts: 6581
Location: CT
I'm sure since is not American (I think) the price is great, trouble is the boobs on AZ will start ordering like crazy putting them in the for sale section a week after they get them for double and triple talking a bunch of fooey about how they are better quality then Justis and JCBC+++ and it will ruin the poor guy.

Jim <---Not in any case market

_________________
I am in a very very small group of people that can buy any cue they want that can make that statement.
Congrats,
Nick Serdula


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:07 am
Posts: 23
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
JimBo wrote:
I'm sure since is not American (I think) the price is great, trouble is the boobs on AZ will start ordering like crazy putting them in the for sale section a week after they get them for double and triple talking a bunch of fooey about how they are better quality then Justis and JCBC+++ and it will ruin the poor guy.

Jim <---Not in any case market


I'm not really sure. It's not inexpensive because its foreign, it's inexpensive because he is all under one roof. He owns a tanery with 600 employees. He builds all the tooled stuff himself, and has access to all those leathers at a far better price than any other case maker. I would never take anything away from Jack. The man is a legend, but I can't afford a legendary, heavy tooled case like this from him. That coupled with Roger being a very good friend of mine, I'm not sure I will go out of my way to get a Jack anytime soon.


Out of curiosity Jimbo, how do you store all those cues of yours? You have a ton of them!

_________________
Keith Kues
www.keithkues.com

Volturi Cases


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:55 pm
Posts: 434
capefairpool wrote:

Sorry Justin, it just struck me as funny and I wasn't knocking your case. It just looks to me like he uses a laser to cut the leather parts for the cases and uses it to lay his patterns onto the leather. And that's NOT a big deal, lot's a people use them in leatherworking. But when you say the most advanced thing he uses is a hammer it makes me think of a guy that's out back in the woodshed carving leather with a sharpened nail. Good looking case by the way. Here's a link to someone using one on leather.
http://youtu.be/5F2yV_ancTo


You're absolutely right Rusty. And the patterns for ALL of the tooling is laid down with a laser. We inspected several of the heavily tooled cases at SBE last year and you can clearly see that the toolers (pretty much 100% not Roger) didn't even cut and bevel along the lasered lines so it essentially looks like double vision when you look closely.

As for the other BS Justin was "told"......well on the internet nobody knows you are a dog. Roger never OWNED any tannery in his life among other nonsense.

_________________
True Custom Cue Cases - http://www.jbcases.com
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:25 am
Posts: 6581
Location: CT
John Barton wrote:
capefairpool wrote:

Sorry Justin, it just struck me as funny and I wasn't knocking your case. It just looks to me like he uses a laser to cut the leather parts for the cases and uses it to lay his patterns onto the leather. And that's NOT a big deal, lot's a people use them in leatherworking. But when you say the most advanced thing he uses is a hammer it makes me think of a guy that's out back in the woodshed carving leather with a sharpened nail. Good looking case by the way. Here's a link to someone using one on leather.
http://youtu.be/5F2yV_ancTo


You're absolutely right Rusty. And the patterns for ALL of the tooling is laid down with a laser. We inspected several of the heavily tooled cases at SBE last year and you can clearly see that the toolers (pretty much 100% not Roger) didn't even cut and bevel along the lasered lines so it essentially looks like double vision when you look closely.

As for the other BS Justin was "told"......well on the internet nobody knows you are a dog. Roger never OWNED any tannery in his life among other nonsense.


Hey John I'm not going to doubt you, but how do you know how much work this guy does (pretty much 100%)

And how would that differ from you???

Jim <----Only thinks it's a problem when people try to perpetrate a lie.

_________________
I am in a very very small group of people that can buy any cue they want that can make that statement.
Congrats,
Nick Serdula


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group