RIP Paul Dayton

Been a Tough Year
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just another Schon?!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:50 pm 

I know many of you don't like Schon's and consider them neither as Custom nor as High End Cues! But my daily player, has a particular story and I love very much the look of my Coccobolo and Ivory loaded Schon and the way it plays too!
After many E-mails and 2 months of waiting, I finally have got an answer from Schon, concerning the Identity of my Schon Unique Cue:
E-Mail received from John Fuhrman / sales@schoncues.com (03.21.2014 / 08.34 PM)
"That cue was not given a number. It was made for the owner *Terry Romines in 2011. At some before he passed it was sold off." (* = Co-founder and Co-Owner of Schon Custom Cues)

Kind Regards to all of you, Al Capool

Post subject: Re: Just another Schon?!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:27 pm 

You are right, I think some people LOVE Schon cues and some don't care for them, I also agree that they are some sort of mix between custom and production. I am not into them that much but I used to know the numbers as far as how many were made and how that relates to the LTD or Unique tags, you seem to have found a rare one, although if it were a 1 off I believe he would have told you. IMO they are good solid production cues, well made and play pretty good. Here is a link to mine: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6658

Jim <---not a Schon guy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:32 pm 

I've always liked Schon cues. Of course, I like the older V-point models better but they are good cues.

Ryan Theewen
RAT cues/full service cue repair

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:36 pm 

JimBo wrote:
You are right, I think some people LOVE Schon cues and some don't care for them, I also agree that they are some sort of mix between custom and production. I am not into them that much but I used to know the numbers as far as how many were made and how that relates to the LTD or Unique tags, you seem to have found a rare one, although if it were a 1 off I believe he would have told you. IMO they are good solid production cues, well made and play pretty good. Here is a link to mine: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6658

Jim <---not a Schon guy

Actually it is a 1 of 1
Schon Unique means that this design with these used materials will never be reutilized again in that combination!
Schon Elite were very small editions of 7 cues till 2013. Since last year they augmented the Elite editions from 7 to 12.
Schon Ltd. were small editions of 12 cues till 2013. Since last year they augmented the Ltd. editions from 12 to 25.
Schon SP are special cues which are made in editions of 2 to 30 cues per design.
Schon STL are 21 different models and are a mixed collection of the earlier R-, SP-, SL- and ST-Series. They're not strictly limited in their editions!
Schon CX are made only for Cuestix and their resellers. These are something like 92 different Cue designs with no particular number of edition per cue and the used materials are less expensive as on the other Schons. Example: instead of Ivory they use white micarta. Because of that they still can sell fancy Schons, but at much lower prices!

Roberto <--- loves most Schon Unique's, many Elite's and some Ltd.'s

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:00 am 

al-capool wrote:

Actually it is a 1 of 1
Schon Unique means that this design with these used materials will never be reutilized again in that combination!
Schon Elite were very small editions of 7 cues till 2013. Since last year they augmented the Elite editions from 7 to 12.
Schon Ltd. were small editions of 12 cues till 2013. Since last year they augmented the Ltd. editions from 12 to 25.
Schon SP are special cues which are made in editions of 2 to 30 cues per design.
Schon STL are 21 different models and are a mixed collection of the earlier R-, SP-, SL- and ST-Series. They're not strictly limited in their editions!
Schon CX are made only for Cuestix and their resellers. These are something like 92 different Cue designs with no particular number of edition per cue and the used materials are less expensive as on the other Schons. Example: instead of Ivory they use white micarta. Because of that they still can sell fancy Schons, but at much lower prices!

Roberto <--- loves most Schon Unique's, many Elite's and some Ltd.'s

Great info, I used to know these numbers but my lack of love for the Schon caused me to forget.

Jim <---Or it was just my old brain that forgets everything