RIP William Gentry

Hope There is a Pool Table in Heaven
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:19 am 

:shock: Andy and Vicki Gilbert cue, named "INDIAN SUNSET" :shock:

I visited the SBE last year (2009) again, this time without my american friend, but with my biz partner.

Basically because I wanted to meet Bill Grassley ( http://www.cornerstonecues.com ), and show my partner
the beauty of pool cues, and of course, to see all the great americans I knew !! :lol:
Why meet Bill :?: , because he really helped that some of my dreams came true - yeah that´s right.
He is an awesome guy and I think I will forever owe him something.

And not to forget, I wanted to pick up a cue I ordered from Richard Chudy some time ago.
Another one of this "Typical Designs" from a cuemaker I had to have, but more about that in another post. :mrgreen:

As I played in the amateur tournament at the EXPO and hung around with some great guys for the whole time,
this masterpiece from Andy and Vicki Gilbert got my attention. I didn´t know much about Andy and Vicki, but I got some help.
Bill, Stan, Paul, Lu and Will Proud too, all told me I had to have a Gilbert cue, because he is a great guy and cuemaker for about 20 years now.

And of course , Andy himself helped and explained me some details about it, too.
He is a hell of a guy, we talked a lot, smoked some cigarettes, and yes - drunk some beer and played pool in the evening, too.
I had really a great time there again, and it was a pleasure for me to meet Andy and Vicki Gilbert.

The Gilberts didn´t have cues ready for the EXPO, so Sean and Matt from cueaddicts were there with some Gilberts to help.
And this "Indian Sunset" was one of Seans masterpieces, he personaly ordered from Andy and designed together with him.
It was like - WOW - awesome piece of wood with incredible ammount of work put into it - I fell in love again.
I had to have this cue, but it was a little bit out of my range. The guys from http://www.cueaddicts.com were awesome,
and Matt, Sean and I found a way how I could get it - thanks again to both of you. :mrgreen:

Last but not least, a big, big thank you to LISA "Ridewiththewind" on AZBilliards,
because she had the terrific and lovely idea for the name of this nice cue - "INDIAN SUNSET".
I really think, this name fits the Pink Ivory and the Indian styled inlays in this cue perfectly. Thanks to Lisa, 8)

Erich

http://www.billardpro.at