RIP William Gentry

Hope There is a Pool Table in Heaven
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:34 pm 

My special "Dancing Wings" - RC3

That is one of these designs where I would say it´s soooo typical, you know.
The first time I saw that design, was in the Blue Book Colour Section.
They wrote that this design is an innovation from Mr. Chudy, and of course, I liked it right away. :shock:

I am pretty sure that I tried to reach Richard per email some years ago, to talk about a cue for me, but.....
We never came together, because I got nothing back from him - later he told me he never catched my mails.
That was the time I started to look in the www for that awesome design, but never found something.

In my opinion, it´s such an elegant looking idea to cross these two floating points over each over.
One of the most amazing things I ever saw and like said before, I fell in love immediatly.

As I had trouble finding a "Dancing Wing" on the secondary market I decided to try the email thing one more time.
Of course, it worked out well the second time, like all of you can see here now. :mrgreen:
Richard wrote me back the same day, and we had an awesome conversation ever since.
We traded so many emails about my idea for that "Dancing Wings" cue, and at the end we both decided to go as
elegant as possible. I think it really worked out well - all ebony including the butt cap and joint, the ivory points
and the smaller pink ivory ones with nice grain, and these fantastic little touch of silver - Richards rings - wow, I still love it.

Last but not least I wanted to thank Richard that the cue came out really fantastic, and that he was able to deliver it at
the EXPO 2009. Even Jeanette Lee loved the look, Richard told me. Yeah, maybe it would fit perfect to the black widow. 8)
I hope the pics came out well enough to show you this fabolous cue, and you can believe me - the hit is even better :!:

Erich

http://www.billardpro.at