RIP Dennis Dieckman

Hope There is a Golf Course in Heaven
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:35 pm 

One of the two stained ones I own, an - "Original Ray Schuler"

I have no idea why I bought that cue app. 8 or 9 years ago, but I think I liked that stain thing.
And I am pretty sure, I normally don´t like that. :roll:

But I can remember that this was the time when I started to play some carom more often.
I had the privilege that some of my guests came togehter to found a carom club in my billard room - great :!:
And as I played billiard for many years, I tried to show them a little bit about stance and stroke etc., etc....
They all are still my guests and the club still booms, if that´s possible to say after app. decade.

I had already some cues in my collection and this Ray Schuler cue was available on ebay for a reasonable price.
I think it came with one carom and one pool shaft, and as I wanted to play some carom, it was a perfect fit.
A few years later I traded the pool shaft away for a second carom shaft, so by now its a clean "carom cue". :shock:

But to tell you the truth, I didn´t play much with it. I like it more to play all the different games with my pool cue.
I don´t know why, but I am even playing snooker with my pool cue - I hate these "ash wood" snooker cues. :evil:
Today of course, I am glad that I took the chance to buy an original "Schuler Cue", and it looks not that bad either.

Erich

http://www.billardpro.at