RIP Dennis Dieckman

Hope There is a Golf Course in Heaven
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:42 pm 

"I always loved that butt - TAD KOHARA"

As I already told you in another thread, I have a good american friend over here in Austria.
He lives at the other end of Austria (app. 500 miles away) but we try to talk as often as possible.
As you may already know, too, he ownes a small billiard biz - http://www.billardcorner.com - for the interested ones.
He is an awesome guy and originally is from the west coast, L.A., so he is a TAD guy, you know.
We were in the US together some year ago (EXPO) and will be there again next month - wow, only 2 weeks to go. :mrgreen:

Steve is his name, and of course he brought some TAD cues to Austria. Not many but two or three I think.
All were plane jane ones with only one ring or a little inlay in the butts, or maybe two or so.
But all were great cues and more then 20 years old. All in perfect condition, and still he let me shoot with one. :shock:
And again I fell in love immediately and knew from there on that I once wanted to own a TAD KOHARA cue.

As the years go by and I learned more about TAD´s cues I started to like one of his special butt designs the most.
That typical butt, with these "typical" TAD rings with the dashes, and the circles, you know - I really love them.
And then these marvelous and complicated little inlays between the rings - wow.

Last but not least I was able to get one, and so another dream came true for me and my "Typical Collection".
Anybody on planet earth will know who built this awesome masterpiece, only by looking at the rings.
Thanks to Steve for letting me hold and hit with one of Tad Koharas cues, and I hope you can understand,
why this cue forever will be one of my favorites. (And of course, I own a 20 year old plane jane one, too) :mrgreen:

Erich

http://www.billardpro.at

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:42 pm 

Perfect example of Tad's amazingly complex and creative butt sleeve designs! This cue is beautiful!

[JimBo] 12:29 pm: why is the forum dying?
[Patrick] 12:29 pm: diabetes
[Patrick] 12:30 pm: we need skinnier members

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:03 am 

pharaoh68 wrote:
Perfect example of Tad's amazingly complex and creative butt sleeve designs! This cue is beautiful!

Thx - you know I got a second Tad (plane one) and a fitting SWIFT CASE for both of them :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Eric"h" ---- loves his Tad pair and the case

http://www.billardpro.at