RIP William Gentry

Hope There is a Pool Table in Heaven
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:42 pm 

No collection without a "Southwest"

But maybe that´s only my opinion as a stupid european cue collector. :lol:
Of course there will be collections out there which have no Southwest in it and still will be awesome collections,
but as I am trying to put something like a "Typical Collection" together, there has to be one, hasn't it :?:
And THE most typical Southwest in my eyes is the "6 Pointer", nothing more and nothing less.
I think there are many people out there who understand that, and think like me that these are part of cuemaking history.

Thanks to Sean Brown from http://www.cueaddicts.com who was able to pick that nice and classic Southwest up for me.
This was my first Southwest and I am able to understand the hipe about them a little bit better know.
For many years and decades I heard these where obviously the best hitting cues on the planet.
And of course, the hit feels really well. I like the hit of a Gina,Cognoscenti or a Chudy more, but it still feels awesome.

I was happy to get a maple one with ebony points, because I think that´s the most classic color combination, too.
I know Jerry Franklin loved Pau Ferro as the best hitting wood, but that´s Jerry, and this is no "Jerry One" :lol:
Another thing I really like about that cue are the rings on all positions. I love to see nice rings,
and I love the see them at both ends of the wrap, so these veneers and rings in maple/red/ebony got my attention.

Hopefuly you will like the pics and the color combination of that cue, and of course the maple and ebony has a nice grain, too.

Erich

http://www.billardpro.at