RIP William Gentry

Hope There is a Pool Table in Heaven
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:56 pm 

Looking at Gina and JW cues, I'm wondering how this is done on flat bottom/u groove cues. Same technique? Easier, harder, none of the above than traditional V groove cut?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:03 pm 

Hidy Ho wrote:
Looking at Gina and JW cues, I'm wondering how this is done on flat bottom/u groove cues. Same technique? Easier, harder, none of the above than traditional V groove cut?

Get your own question, copy-cat-ho!! :x

Scott :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:37 pm 

Michael Webb wrote:
Well seeing you were in my shop, I would expect you to have a better understanding than most as far as different methods.

Well, I am happy that an awesome guy showed and learned me a little bit about the differences, but dont forget............
I am still a..........................

STUPID EUROPEAN :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Eric"h"

http://www.billardpro.at

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:16 pm 

Michael Webb wrote:
Well seeing you were in my shop, I would expect you to have a better understanding than most as far as different methods.

Maybe there should be a test... j/k :P

This series of threads is very informative. I know enough now to real dangerous.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:47 am 

mair23 wrote:
Michael Webb wrote:

Well, I am happy that an awesome guy showed and learned me a little bit about the differences, but dont forget............
I am still a..............STUPID EUROPEAN :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen
Eric"h"

There is nothing stupid about you my friend.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:50 am 

CMD wrote:
Michael Webb wrote:

Maybe there should be a test... j/k :P

This series of threads is very informative. I know enough now to real dangerous.

Hi Chris
When I catch up some, and you visit, Your gonna be real dangerous. Right now, I'm balls to the wall. I'm sure you understand. I don't let many people visit, cause lets face it, some people on the forums need a special class on how to act right. But yourself and Erich are good people and it's a pleasure for me that you two visit. Erich came down with Pavlos and a good time was had and hopefully he has a good understanding of cues in general now. I've had others visit, they didn't get past the living room, My shop, my rules.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:52 pm 

Michael Webb wrote:
Hi Chris
When I catch up some, and you visit, Your gonna be real dangerous. Right now, I'm balls to the wall. I'm sure you understand. I don't let many people visit, cause lets face it, some people on the forums need a special class on how to act right. But yourself and Erich are good people and it's a pleasure for me that you two visit. Erich came down with Pavlos and a good time was had and hopefully he has a good understanding of cues in general now. I've had others visit, they didn't get past the living room, My shop, my rules.

Hi Mike,

I hope you are doing well. No problem with any timeframe. I am spending TONS of money on my new house. Who knew building a new house cost so much AFTER you move in. :roll: If you want to push me off, I am fine with that. I have like 10 cues on order so I can be patient as much as needed.

I learned a long, long time ago that God created people with two ears and one mouth. It is so I can listen twice as much as I talk. I will be a good student and pay attention more than that Eric"h" character. :lol:

Take care my friend,
Chris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:31 pm 

CMD wrote:
Michael Webb wrote:
Hi Chris

Hi Mike,

I hope you are doing well. No problem with any timeframe. I am spending TONS of money on my new house. Who knew building a new house cost so much AFTER you move in. :roll: If you want to push me off, I am fine with that. I have like 10 cues on order so I can be patient as much as needed.

I learned a long, long time ago that God created people with two ears and one mouth. It is so I can listen twice as much as I talk. I will be a good student and pay attention more than that Eric"h" character. :lol:

Take care my friend,
Chris

Your a good man Sir.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:06 pm 

Can I ask a more general question?

How do you figure out what veneer colors work in a cue?

Do you sit there with a color wheel or what?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:07 am 

PBat51 wrote:

What I usually do is look at other cuemakers examples. Michael Webb has so many cues with such a variety that is mind boggling. Also there is a ton of site that have Southwest cues and they have a zillion combinations. It is always for me of what makes sense between wood and veneers choice.

On Order: Sugartrees
Jump/Break Cue: Mezz PB Pro (break) and Lomax (jump)
Cases: Swift, Talisman and JB

MAGIC BALL RACK PRO - $10.00 SHIPPED!
MEZZ, TIGER AND KAMUI DEALER - Send pm for pricing!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:15 am 
Site Admin

Holy Crap! Why didn't anyone remind me that I forgot to put up the new segment last week? Now I'm really behind.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:49 am 

Murray Tucker wrote:
.... Now I'm really behind.

Cuemakers :roll:

Dave

PS :P :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:54 pm 

PBat51 wrote:

No color wheel...Just sit there with a handfull of different veneers rearranging them to see which colors
you think looks best with each other & the wood in the cue.

Glue em up, miter em, glue em into the cue, then kick yourself in the butt for using some ugly azz colors together :x

Things don't always work out as good as we believe they will.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:24 pm 

It's a highly sophisticated science............red, blue, and green will go together....black and maple will outline 99.9% of everything.

Quote: "TODAY IS THE DAY!" treasure hunter Mel Fisher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:00 am 

Aren't we moving into week 7 or 8 by now? 8)

Quote: "TODAY IS THE DAY!" treasure hunter Mel Fisher

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next