RIP "Blud"
http://www.jimboarmy.com/phpbb_6/

Week 5: Veneered Points- Overlap Method
http://www.jimboarmy.com/phpbb_6/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3511
Page 2 of 4

Author:  Hidy Ho [ Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Week 5: Veneered Points- Overlap Method

Looking at Gina and JW cues, I'm wondering how this is done on flat bottom/u groove cues. Same technique? Easier, harder, none of the above than traditional V groove cut?

Author:  ScottR [ Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Week 5: Veneered Points- Overlap Method

Hidy Ho wrote:
Looking at Gina and JW cues, I'm wondering how this is done on flat bottom/u groove cues. Same technique? Easier, harder, none of the above than traditional V groove cut?

Get your own question, copy-cat-ho!! :x

Scott :mrgreen:

Author:  mair23 [ Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Week 5: Veneered Points- Overlap Method

Michael Webb wrote:
Well seeing you were in my shop, I would expect you to have a better understanding than most as far as different methods.



Well, I am happy that an awesome guy showed and learned me a little bit about the differences, but dont forget............
I am still a..........................
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
STUPID EUROPEAN :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
.
.
.
.
.
.
Eric"h"

Author:  CMD [ Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Week 5: Veneered Points- Overlap Method

Michael Webb wrote:
Well seeing you were in my shop, I would expect you to have a better understanding than most as far as different methods.


Maybe there should be a test... j/k :P


This series of threads is very informative. I know enough now to real dangerous.

Author:  Michael Webb [ Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Week 5: Veneered Points- Overlap Method

mair23 wrote:
Michael Webb wrote:
Well seeing you were in my shop, I would expect you to have a better understanding than most as far as different methods.



Well, I am happy that an awesome guy showed and learned me a little bit about the differences, but dont forget............
I am still a..............STUPID EUROPEAN :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen
Eric"h"


There is nothing stupid about you my friend.

Author:  Michael Webb [ Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Week 5: Veneered Points- Overlap Method

CMD wrote:
Michael Webb wrote:
Well seeing you were in my shop, I would expect you to have a better understanding than most as far as different methods.


Maybe there should be a test... j/k :P


This series of threads is very informative. I know enough now to real dangerous.



Hi Chris
When I catch up some, and you visit, Your gonna be real dangerous. Right now, I'm balls to the wall. I'm sure you understand. I don't let many people visit, cause lets face it, some people on the forums need a special class on how to act right. But yourself and Erich are good people and it's a pleasure for me that you two visit. Erich came down with Pavlos and a good time was had and hopefully he has a good understanding of cues in general now. I've had others visit, they didn't get past the living room, My shop, my rules.

Author:  CMD [ Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Week 5: Veneered Points- Overlap Method

Michael Webb wrote:
Hi Chris
When I catch up some, and you visit, Your gonna be real dangerous. Right now, I'm balls to the wall. I'm sure you understand. I don't let many people visit, cause lets face it, some people on the forums need a special class on how to act right. But yourself and Erich are good people and it's a pleasure for me that you two visit. Erich came down with Pavlos and a good time was had and hopefully he has a good understanding of cues in general now. I've had others visit, they didn't get past the living room, My shop, my rules.


Hi Mike,

I hope you are doing well. No problem with any timeframe. I am spending TONS of money on my new house. Who knew building a new house cost so much AFTER you move in. :roll: If you want to push me off, I am fine with that. I have like 10 cues on order so I can be patient as much as needed.

I learned a long, long time ago that God created people with two ears and one mouth. It is so I can listen twice as much as I talk. I will be a good student and pay attention more than that Eric"h" character. :lol:


Take care my friend,
Chris

Author:  Michael Webb [ Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Week 5: Veneered Points- Overlap Method

CMD wrote:
Michael Webb wrote:
Hi Chris
When I catch up some, and you visit, Your gonna be real dangerous. Right now, I'm balls to the wall. I'm sure you understand. I don't let many people visit, cause lets face it, some people on the forums need a special class on how to act right. But yourself and Erich are good people and it's a pleasure for me that you two visit. Erich came down with Pavlos and a good time was had and hopefully he has a good understanding of cues in general now. I've had others visit, they didn't get past the living room, My shop, my rules.


Hi Mike,

I hope you are doing well. No problem with any timeframe. I am spending TONS of money on my new house. Who knew building a new house cost so much AFTER you move in. :roll: If you want to push me off, I am fine with that. I have like 10 cues on order so I can be patient as much as needed.

I learned a long, long time ago that God created people with two ears and one mouth. It is so I can listen twice as much as I talk. I will be a good student and pay attention more than that Eric"h" character. :lol:


Take care my friend,
Chris





Your a good man Sir.

Author:  PBat51 [ Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Week 5: Veneered Points- Overlap Method

Can I ask a more general question?


How do you figure out what veneer colors work in a cue?

Do you sit there with a color wheel or what?

Author:  benfica [ Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Week 5: Veneered Points- Overlap Method

PBat51 wrote:
Can I ask a more general question?


How do you figure out what veneer colors work in a cue?

Do you sit there with a color wheel or what?


What I usually do is look at other cuemakers examples. Michael Webb has so many cues with such a variety that is mind boggling. Also there is a ton of site that have Southwest cues and they have a zillion combinations. It is always for me of what makes sense between wood and veneers choice.

Author:  Murray Tucker [ Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Week 5: Veneered Points- Overlap Method

Holy Crap! Why didn't anyone remind me that I forgot to put up the new segment last week? Now I'm really behind.

Author:  davek [ Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Week 5: Veneered Points- Overlap Method

Murray Tucker wrote:
.... Now I'm really behind.


Cuemakers :roll:

Dave

PS :P :mrgreen:

Author:  wayne [ Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Week 5: Veneered Points- Overlap Method

PBat51 wrote:
Can I ask a more general question?
How do you figure out what veneer colors work in a cue?
Do you sit there with a color wheel or what?

No color wheel...Just sit there with a handfull of different veneers rearranging them to see which colors
you think looks best with each other & the wood in the cue.

Glue em up, miter em, glue em into the cue, then kick yourself in the butt for using some ugly azz colors together :x

Things don't always work out as good as we believe they will.

Author:  BarenbruggeCues [ Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Week 5: Veneered Points- Overlap Method

It's a highly sophisticated science............red, blue, and green will go together....black and maple will outline 99.9% of everything.

Author:  BarenbruggeCues [ Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Week 5: Veneered Points- Overlap Method

Aren't we moving into week 7 or 8 by now? 8)

Page 2 of 4 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/