RIP Paul Dayton

Been a Tough Year
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:28 pm 

This one has a 5/16-14 pin only one made.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:34 am 

Attachment:
2GoldenTascarellaForearm.jpg
2GoldenTascarellaForearm.jpg [ 17.09 KiB | Viewed 577 times ]

Attachment:
2GoldenTascarellaForearmfix.jpg
2GoldenTascarellaForearmfix.jpg [ 76.53 KiB | Viewed 577 times ]

Jim <---Just seeing if photoshop would help

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:43 pm 

The pictures are not mine! However they were good enough for me to buy the $13,800 cue! Some of us are pickey! Where are your cues with your professional photography skills and photo shop Jim? I guess I should have bought a fancy camera for pictures but I collect cues not cameras or pictures! Ron

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:55 pm 

Ron Seymour wrote:
The pictures are not mine! However they were good enough for me to buy the $13,800 cue! Some of us are pickey! Where are your cues with your professional photography skills and photo shop Jim? I guess I should have bought a fancy camera for pictures but I collect cues not cameras or pictures! Ron

LOL don't get mad Ron, I just wanted to see if it would improve it a bit. I am thrilled you posted these thanks. And for the record I do have a good camera and I spent a ton on photography and the reason I stopped posting up pics was because it was making me sick, my pictures are up in my section and much worse then yours. Taking cue pics is hard work, 2 people in the world do it really well, Icon (jeffW) and Dick Abbot (billiardcue) everyone else is still a progress in work. I just spent more money on a light box and some lighting, I've been to busy to set them up, but I am sure when I do I will be dissapointed.

All that being said, how did you become a Tasc collector?

Jim <---Wondering if Ron has gone to my section?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:47 pm 

Jim,
I'm not mad. And I realize no matter how good the pictures are there is always someone that is not happy with them. Like I said I collect the CUES and am no photographer or have fancy Cameras. The pictures I took were with my phone. I work 12 hrs a day 7 on Saturday (so I can play pool with Walker for 3 1/2 hours) most of the time I work 8 on Sunday. This has been going on 15 months! I have little time for cleaning up the pictures it took my dumb ass over 6 hours to get them on your site.
I like Tascarella cues because they are traditional old school and play as good as Gus Szamboti cues-Barry Szamboti or even Dennis Searings Cues. Some like Black Boar,Thomas Wayne etc...I don't like all the cnc but that is me. I'm 55 and doubt I will change! I have seen $30,000 cnc crap I wouldn't trade my S6 Schon for.As for your cues and photography skills I am now on my way. Thanks, Ron

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:40 am 

Ron, you have it ONLY reserved for ME,lol.
Ralf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:07 am 

The cue is HOT!!! And don't get too mad about the camera stuff. Some people, there's just no pleasing. And they'll tell yuo all about how wrong you're doing it and the types of cameras you SHOULD buy. I even remember a thread wyatt started once about cue pics. One guy on here claimed he was a pro photog and when asked to post some pics of his cues, they weren't awful pics but they were FAR from the best.

Hell! Some of the best pics I've seen of cues come from Berny (cuemasterpieces) and if memory serves, he uses a 10-15 year old Sony that you could probably pick up on ebay for like $100 these days!

Bottom line, Its not the pics. Its whats in the pics (the cues). People who judge anything other than the cues are not the people whose comments you should care about. Keep taking pics and keep posting! Don't worry about criticism.

Oh, and nice Tasc!

[JimBo] 12:29 pm: why is the forum dying?
[Patrick] 12:29 pm: diabetes
[Patrick] 12:30 pm: we need skinnier members

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:41 pm 

Thanks, This is the Cheap one, check out the Big Pin Golden Tascarella it was the first one... This one was unplayed till I got it and I chalked both shafts and used it as that is why PETE made it! It plays good but the Big Pin KICKS ASS.... I kinda like Tascarellas 16 so far and still looking for one that plays bad. Ron