RIP William Gentry

Hope There is a Pool Table in Heaven
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:26 am 

Ok I know the 1 is a Tascarella but it is one of my favorites!
How's that for a Fisher Price Camera?
Gus,Barry,Showman,Searing and gotta have a Tascarella!
And He made the caps, except for the Showman John did a good Job on it!
I think I figured out Photobucket, now for a Camera. I will drop a few hints while eating Thanksgiving Dinner and see what happens next month! The Wife is getting my Tucker that Murray is making now so If the Daughter don't come thru I guess I may have to buy something other than a Cue or Case? For now this is about as good as I can do.. I hope Paul likes the Gus Pictures! Ron

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:17 am 

Way better size pix. Was that your home phone or cell you gave me? Give me the home phone if not and tell me when you wont be home. lol, I can drop a hint.

Oh, and the Showman is my fav in that group.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:51 am 

Thanks Chad I think I gave ya both #'s but I never answer the home phone it has an answering machine hooked up to it! These little Baby's are in a BIG SAFE to protect the Justis Cases! LOL Take care my friend, Ron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:04 am 

Ron, Alton is very cute, I'd like to put him in my pocket and carry him around with me. Did I mention how great his work is???
Once again I am going to F with your pics, I hope you don't mind.
Also so tips on taking pics, do it where there is lots of light, outside on an over cast day works best, direct sun leaves a glare as well as a flash, avoid both if you can. Also focus is the key, if you are using an auto focus camera (most are) make sure your red dot focuses on the cue, don't worry about being close worry more about focus you can always crop later.
Also white balance seems to be your issue, some software can help on that front, it's what I did here you should be able to see a big difference.

Jim <---Good with advice bad with camera
Attachment:
The attachment 008.jpg is no longer available
Attachment:
009.jpg
009.jpg [ 341.92 KiB | Viewed 288 times ]
Attachment:
007.jpg
007.jpg [ 412.47 KiB | Viewed 286 times ]
Attachment:
008.jpg
008.jpg [ 368.72 KiB | Viewed 286 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:14 am 

Jimbo,
Yep it looks much better I may have to buy a camera! The wife is shoppin I think I will get all the Tascarellas out and give it another try with my iphone If I can't get 16 I will do Hoppe's , Fancy, Plain ! My brother in law Dan lives in Cary NC he is a Professional with some really nice Cameras he said he will fix me up! Thanks for the info I'm going to try a few more with outy a fancy Camera then I can blame the iphone! You must admit they are better and the subjects are kinda nice.. Thanks Big guy, Ron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:41 am 

Ron Seymour wrote:
My brother in law Dan lives in Cary NC he is a Professional with some really nice Cameras he said he will fix me up!

I don't mean to butt in, oh yes I do, but if your B-I-L is a professional, chances are very good that he updates his cameras quite often. A camera that he is retiring would probably be great for your purposes. Rather than trade it in or sell it on ebay, he may be able to sell it to you for a very good price. He may not have a lens to give up with the camera body, so you would probably have to buy that.

Just a thought and hoping that Ron is on better terms with his B-I-L than I am with mine. :roll:

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W.T.F.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:44 am 

Yep Dan and I are PALS he is a Professional at work too over 1000's of sales reps for a drug company! He would more than likely give me one! I'm going to see what he sez! Thanks, Ron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:31 pm 

Ron Seymour wrote:
Yep Dan and I are PALS he is a Professional at work too over 1000's of sales reps for a drug company! He would more than likely give me one! I'm going to see what he sez! Thanks, Ron

I think that's your best bet, just tell him you are thinking about a camera, ask his advice and see if he offers. I have a friend who does weddings and like Rich said he is always buying a new one and selling an old one at a nice discount. He offers them to me but I have yet to pull the trigger, I still like my original EOS, to many gadgets invested to switch over now. In any event the white balance issue can be fixed in any photo shop software, and you can get that with most cameras you buy, or just have your BIL lend you a CD, he prolly has a High$$$$ software system that will do more then anyone will ever know how to use. If your file is big enough and the shot is in focus (not that easy) you can do almost anything in the editing after the fact.

Jim <----Novice, but wishes he weren't

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:25 pm 

Yep he does Weddings and has a room in his house for photos! He is one of few in NC to have the license.. I think it is a Business, you know how the wealthy are...Tax write off... He has a Room for his office too yep another business..They don't talk about money but I bet the house is $750,000 +! Sis has her own Gym, Sauna etc... They founded the Church there and real big at the Orphanage.. He was a Preacher for a while.. On his Facebook they ask for money to help the kids in South Africa? Seems tacky to me...I sent email for info on a Camera and to BUY one of his OLD ones... Christmas is coming up? LOL They are both Great, Ron<---Bought Dinner on their last visit...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:41 pm 

Ron Seymour wrote:
Ron<---Bought Dinner on their last visit...

That seals the deal for me, I sense a new camera coming your way. :lol:

Jim <----Has a link on his facebook page to donate food to himself

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:18 pm 

LOL I seen the picture of you on the harley!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:55 pm 

I'll be watching this topic after you get your new camera (whichever comes first). Let me know when you update the pics... I'll be lurking in the shadows.

Delicious meats:
Kurzweil's Country Meats

Blogs:
MassiveUnderstatement: Billiards and Food