RIP William Gentry

Hope There is a Pool Table in Heaven
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cue Caps
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:43 am 

I don't know if you are supposed to post only caps but these caps of Altons are as nice as the cues they are on so here they are! When I get my Cannon T3 next week I will post the cues they are on! 33 cues it will take a while... For now the caps..
Rare Stacked Veneer Tascarella
Propeller and Barbell Tascarella my favorite
Barry Szamboti
Barry Szamboti
Tascarella
Gus
Gus
Tascarella
From last year born 55 turned 55 Bought a Szamboti for my birthday and could't stop
4 Stack Veneer Barbell Tasc, 6 Stack Veneer Barbell Tasc,Barry, Barry, Gus,Barry and Searing, Thought the wife was goin to kill me! Alton thanks for keeping up with these I lost track at times! LOL
Jim Baxter Dyed the fancy Tasc caps and 4 stack veneer

Image 4 Stack Veneer Barbell Caps Jim dyed for me.

Tascarella
Stacked Veneer Barbell Tascarellas

Dennis Searing
Tascarella

Jim Baxter and Christy
Solid Ivory Shaft Caps for an Ivory Joint Tascarella Hoppe I got from Berny
Butt Cap
Ivory Shaft caps and Hoppe ring for the Ebony Nose/Snakewood Tascarella Hoppe

Wrapless Tascarella I had a few extra shafts thanks to Marcus

Hand Signed Full Splice Tascarella
I have some more but no pictures to upload with my new and improved photobucket settings! All 33 cues have caps even the cheap cues, well the 2 Dale perry's have the plastic ones that came with the cues, nothin you would want pictures of LOL! I hope you guy's like these pictures? I have wasted 3 1/2 hours of my Sunday Morning reloading, removing links and posting reloaded pictures with the more improved photobucket settings, this is the best I can do for now!? When my camera the wife bought me yesterday gets here next week maybe better? Cannon Rebel T3 and my brother in law the professional photographer is sending me one of his old ones that he has already taught how to take pictures, when it gets here I may have to CHARGE YOU to look at the pictures! Later my friends, Ron If you find fault in these pictures feel free to work your magic on them! I'm more into collecting than shootin pictures however I understand where you are comin from! A BIG shitty picture is better than a small one LOL

Last edited by Ron Seymour on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:42 am, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Cue Caps
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:12 am 

These are great, Ron. Thanks!

Scott

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:17 am 

Notice the last ones Scott they were small so I'm uploading them again with my more inproved setting in photobucket! I'm a fucking PROFESSIONAL wait till I get that Cannon T3 next week! Thank Scott they be more better in a minute! Ron

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:20 pm 

Thanks Ron...you have some great cues.

Todd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:54 pm 

Thanks Todd,
Wait till you see some good pictures! I stay in the DOG HOUSE and I AINT GOIN THERE for no cheap cue!LOL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:00 pm 

Hey Ron you said you had "more" that we wouldn't be interested in, well if the "more " is cues, I would love to see them all, as well as a back story as to how and why you came to own each cue. You seem to be new to this horrid hobby, but you also seem to have made some nice pick ups. I'd love to chart the journey, I am sure you didn't come out of the gates buying the *Miz* Searing. How did you get into the collecting end of things and who helped you with your wise choices??

Jim <----lOVES THE JOURNEY almost as much as the cues

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:15 am 

Jim,
I'm a old guy 56 been playin 40 years started collecting 20 yrs ago. I like the better stuff last 10 years been into the cues and cases more than ever but at 55 born in 55 seemed like I should have a Searing on the list but Dad died at 46 so figured I better get one and wanted veneers along came bridged veneer miz and the rest is history! Problem is along came 3 Barrys a Gus and the 2 stacked veneer Tascarellas yep a years salary good thing I was workin 72 hrs a week making twice what I was suposted to I would have STARVED LOL I had a couple Tascs already so I was at 4 this time last year and added 12 in the next 12 months... I need 3 more 6 point 8 point and Myrons Blue Book cue $20,000 should do it?