pool and billiards forum

pool is cool
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Who is You?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:48 pm 

Hi My name is Jim Brennan, I live in CT, my phone number is 203-NOT-POOL, my address is
PO Box 2101 Branford, CT 06405. I've played pool since 1988, got into collecting cues in 1989 when I met Abe Rich in So. Beach Miami, the man changed my life forever and I miss him a bunch. In 2002 I was Captain of the National Championship APA 9-ball team and in 2003 (I think) I was points leader in the CNBT B class, after that I got burnt out on pool and took a few years off, I went from playing 6 nights a week to 6 hours a month, priorities change but my love for the game hasn't. Cues and the internet have always been an important part of my love for the game. That brings us to where we are today, I've tried to create a place that is censor free where adults can act like adults and censor their own thoughts, treating others the way they would like to be treated. I am anti cue design theft and feel that education is the key to the future of pool cues, I'd like to think that this site will help to get that information out there. I am currently one of the 5 "experts" on http://www.cuezilla.com as well as one of the original 16 collectors who started the ICCS. I am also a huge fan of the SBE in VF and run the JA party, and if you don't know about that then you are missing out big time. I like candle lit dinners, puppies and long walks on the beach, some of my best nights were spent in a hot tub in a thunder storm with my special lady.

Jim<----Might have gone to far

Post subject: Re: Who you is?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:52 pm 

You have now scared potential new members off forever.

The visual of certain aspects of your post are TMI....... :shock:

Quote: "TODAY IS THE DAY!" treasure hunter Mel Fisher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

My name is Murray Tucker III and I'd rather be on my boat having a beer and/or fishing than working, playing pool, making pool cues and doing a half assed job of keeping a pool forum working. I have a lovely wife, Linda and two wonderful (most of the time) children ages 15 and 4. I also love pina coladas, getting caught in the rain, I'm not into yoga and have half a brain.

You can send gifts to 400 County Road 468 Leesburg, FL 34748 and paypal large sums to iii@tuckerbilt.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm 

my name is brent hartman
or you can call me brenster
im only here for the boobies :lol:

BHQCUSTOMCUES

EMAIL: stix4sale@aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:26 pm 

I edited my original post and published this for JIMBO becasue I really didn't think anyone cared to hear it, also after reading Joey's I had to atleast post something somewhat as detailed !

THIS IS THE SHORT SUMMARY OF MY RELEVANT BIOGRAPHY : I walked into a local poolroom "Clearlake Billiards" which is now named "Shooter's Billiards" (same owner) in Cocoa, Fl. back in 1986 when I was 16 yrs. old with my newly acquainted friend "Gene Zeigler" who played pretty well back then and we started banging some balls around on a 9 foot table directly in front of the counter for a little while, so there was this older guy "Joe Phillips" who had been playing pool all of his life that was sitting at the counter watching us play and so he approached and commented that I have a "natural stroke" and wanted to know how long I had been playing pool and if I was going to take it serious and want to get better...

So I retorted that I'm really not a pool player, that I'm a bowler and was going pro as soon as I turned 18 "I was averaging 209 back then and you only needed to carry a 190 avg. for 2 yrs. to qualify for pro card" well, he said: if you want to get better I'm in here every day at this time and I'll show you a few pointers...

Well needless to say... I absolutely became obsessed with the atmosphere and developed a deep passion for the game and got good really quick and never bowled again....

After a couple of years of playing tournaments and gambling over 65 hrs. a week, I started taking an interest in repairing cues so the owners of "Side Pocket Billiard" in Cocoa let me do all the tip and ferrule work because I seemed to really enjoy it and was good at it, so after about a year of doing repairs for all the locals they said they would buy me a small lathe if I wanted to work for them there and start doing complete repairs in-house "of course I said yes" and so they did... and I also took an interest in recovering pool tables as well... I use to help the owners recover all their tables and got really good at it so that also became a staple in my profession and I have recovered and/or repaired atleast over 500 tables to date from local pool rooms to residential...

So I ended up getting involved in every aspect of the repair and maintenance and equipment building part of the game as well as becoming a pro-level player at peak speed but remained at semi-pro status for obvious reasons, but still remain very competitive on the tour and take down my fair share of top-touring pros. In 1992 I went into business for myself and bought a 3500.00 dollar lathe, EAST COAST CUE REPAIR was put on the map and the rest is history !

I started doing complete repairs and restorations as well as building break/jump cues and periodically a few basic playing cues until about 8 yrs. ago when I began concentrating primarily on playing cues, but it wasn't until a few years ago that my NASA friend Carl Threlkeld and fellow player came to me to build him a custom-fitted playing cue completely built and balanced around his hand 100% to his specs. and that's where my functioning custom fitted hype derives from.

I do not regret never picking up a bowling ball again... I feel that this was my calling and I have the deepest undying passion for the game and all that it entails and it has been very rewarding to me over the last 20+ years.

So after all these years of being involved in pool and dedicating my life to it, I owe the biggest thanks to my very close friend "Gene Zeigler" who's soley responsible for launching my career. (THANKS ZIGGY)!

P.S. the "old guy" is still around he's in his late 80's and looks like he's 60 and in perfect health, plays every day and still quite well too !

In Closing:

I recently went national back in Jan 2008 and now I am INTERNATIONALLY known with customers in China, Amsterdam, England and South America !!! and I am one of the very few professional full-time cuemaker's "completely custom fitting 2-piece cues to the customers exact specifications" in the industry and that is the primary concept I am marketing myself on. Even though I'm banned from AZ Billiards.com they have been an excellent marketing avenue for me to reach customer's on a global scale and I owe them a great deal of gratitude for allowing cuemakers like me to advertise freely on their website and interact with potential customer's at no charge...

WHEAT CUES is commercially endorsed by: *** Jerry Tarantola - President of NYC GRIND MARKETING in Queens, New York. *** Blair Thein - President of TEAM BELIEVE PROMOTIONS and also the man"Wheat Cues"behind "Poker, Pool and Pain" in West Palm Beach, Florida. *** Duane Schramm - Owner of ACTION BILLIARDS in Titusville,Fl.

Last edited by WheatCues on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:28 pm 

Joey Bautista, never mind my full-time job and address.
I live near the Anaheim Stadium and Disneyland. I finished college in the 84' .

In 1995 I read they were having a pro pool tournament in San Diego.
I read Efren, Luat, Django and Andam ( the Philippine National Team then ) were going to play.
I drove there to see Efren ( I saw him a few times on TV before that ).
I saw Efren practice and play. Saw Andam play against Busta.
The game captured me then.
I met Efren's now road manager then, Alex who now owns a good pool hall here.
We hit it off and became friends. Through him I met Efren and Judd Fuller the custom cuemaker.
I ordered my first custom cue from Judd then. I visited Judd several times after that. I bought 3 more cues from him after that. It is then I started thinking of making cues.
In 1997 I enrolled in a machining bootcamp at a local college for one semester while holding a job and paying mortage. I finish the course but still was not nearly close to making cues.
Around 1999, I met a local shortstop and a cue collector who introduced me to Kerry Zeiler who made cues for him. I wanted to see Kerry work as much as I could after ordering a cue from him. I took a ton of repair work to him just to see him work. Luckily Kerry did not mind me at all watching him for hours while he worked.
Then as fate would have it, Kerry had a bad table saw accident . He nearly lost his left hand. I drove him to the hospital myself. At that time ( 2001 ) the BCA show in Vegas was a few weeks away and he was introducing his ferrule invention ( Ivor-X ) in the convention. He asked me to machine some . He asked me how I would get paid, I told him nothing. I'll just be his official apprentice. I became his apprentice for over two years. He helped me buy my Logan lathe . It was fixer-upper. And it took me about a year to clean it up and finally get it good enough for cue assembly.
My first cue came out around 2006. The shafts I use now, I started cutting at Kerry's place.
In 2006 and 2007, I also spent time with my only other cuemaking mentor, Edwin Reyes in Manila. Cuemakers are pretty different from one to the other. I was lucky to have learned from two almost totally different cuemakers.
Edwin passed away more than a year ago. Kerry passed away this May.
I continue to make cues on part-time basis today.

Last edited by JoeyInCali on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:44 pm 

My real name is Christopher Dickey. I too also live in CT as does our gracious host. I started playing pool around 1999 in the APA. In 2006 I was the captain of an APA team that placed 65th in the country. I have since retired from the APA as a 7. My wife and I built a new home in Colchester. In my basement I have a brand new Diamond Pro-Am bar box (couldn't go bigger because the builder fucked up). I have recently acquired the 2008 ICCS Sugartree (which is a gorgeous cue).As a father of twin 2 year old boys, most of my time has been devoted to internet lurking and some posting. My other time is spent watching the Yankees and occassionaly going to the Stadium.

The JA party at the SBE is awesome for any newbies. I was last year and was welcomed into the group.

Jimbo - if you ever care to play any...

Thanks for reading,

Chris <----- has 9 cues on order

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:52 pm 

WheatCues wrote:
LOL !

If you all don't know who I am on here by now, as well as my contact info. and life history, then just google me...

I'm going to spare everyone here including myself, the mental abuse of reading another over-kill post by me !

- Eddie Wheat

Ed if you feel you are somehow famous or even more well known then me I believe you are a bit off track, nobody wants to google you and find out anything, so either post up or don't waste our time. I get that you'd have to post a group of lies to try to keep up the "I'm a cuemaker for 20 years" Schtick but you have a chance to come clean, reinvent yourself as a normal person and an honest guy. I'd say jump at it.

Jim <-----Google my ass

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:15 pm 

[b]Ed if you feel you are somehow famous or even more well known then me I believe you are a bit off track, nobody wants to google you and find out anything, so either post up or don't waste our time. I get that you'd have to post a group of lies to try to keep up the "I'm a cuemaker for 20 years" Schtick but you have a chance to come clean, reinvent yourself as a normal person and an honest guy. I'd say jump at it.

Jim <-----Google my ass
[/b][/quote]
You don't have a Myspace page.
You are not famous yet.
More like infamous.
:P

I'm gonna need a PO BOX like you do, I think.

Post subject: Re: Who is You?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:38 pm 

I'm Steve Ellis, designated Brigadier General of the Jimbo Army one night at the SBE JA party by a somewhat inebriated Dennis Dieckman. Like any general I don't do anything around here.
I'm 64 and either unemployed or in forced retirement, I'm still deciding which it really is.
I've only played serious pool since I was 54 when the last of my kids headed off to college. I happened to get a bonus at work and used it to buy a table. I'd say I'm a pretty good 'C' player, I think I might have been better if I started earlier in life. I'm feel I can still improve further despite my age. I am a reluctant captain of an APA 8-ball team looking like it might be the doormat of the division and a member of an APA 9-ball team which is very good.
I have a small cue collection (a dozen and a half or so), but though it is kind of on hold because of lack of a job, I sometimes find myself buying a new cue regardless. I'd like to buy more cues particularly from members of this forum, but as I said it's not practical at this time.
When I win the lottery I will open a pool room which will undoubtedly loss money, but I'll be a billionaire so who cares.
I have 4 adult sons and a wife (who is also an adult) of 34 years. Besides playing pool I read and run (er, ah, jog I guess) a lot.
And oh yeah, my screen name refers to Kurt Vonnegut's Cats Cradle one of my favorite books.

"To die is nothing, but it is terrible not to live." Victor Hugo-Les Miserables

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:05 pm 

Hello my name is really Craig Rittel, I own a small Pool Room in Lakewood, Washington called Full Splice Billiards which I opened in September 2004. I decided upon the name Full Spliced Billiards because of my love for Billiards and Pool cues especially the construction techniques used and the decroative art used to embellish them.

I joined the US Army in 1977 because I had no direction in life, I was a high school drop out, loved to fight (always lost :lol: ), and I had problems with the law that would go away if I went away so it was a no brainer!!!!! :lol: But, on a serious note this single decision changed my life in far to many postive ways to even recount here. However, I did stay on active duty in the Army until January 2003 when I retired. I hope to become a CSM in Jombo's Army, I hope don't offend anyone but I never liked Officers, so being non-commisioned is the place for me to be, in the field with the Troops!!! :mrgreen:

If I can help any forum members or if anyone just wants to kick my ass like everyone else has you can call me at 1-253-512-6898 or visit me below!! :shock:

Full Splice Billiards
9324 South Tacoma Way
Lakewood, wa 98499

I think this is a good thread Jim.

JimBo wrote:
Hi My name is Jim Brennan, I live in CT, my phone number is 203-NOT-POOL, my address is
PO Box 2101 Branford, CT 06405. I've played pool since 1988, got into collecting cues in 1989 when I met Abe Rich in So. Beach Miami, the man changed my life forever and I miss him a bunch. In 2002 I was Captain of the National Championship APA 9-ball team and in 2003 (I think) I was points leader in the CNBT B class, after that I got burnt out on pool and took a few years off, I went from playing 6 nights a week to 6 hours a month, priorities change but my love for the game hasn't. Cues and the internet have always been an important part of my love for the game. That brings us to where we are today, I've tried to create a place that is censor free where adults can act like adults and censor their own thoughts, treating others the way they would like to be treated. I am anti cue design theft and feel that education is the key to the future of pool cues, I'd like to think that this site will help to get that information out there. I am currently one of the 5 "experts" on http://www.cuezilla.com as well as one of the original 16 collectors who started the ICCS. I am also a huge fan of the SBE in VF and run the JA party, and if you don't know about that then you are missing out big time. I like candle lit dinners, puppies and long walks on the beach, some of my best nights were spent in a hot tub in a thunder storm with my special lady.

Jim<----Might have gone to far

Put your heart into America or get your A$$ out of it

Last edited by Manwon on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:08 pm 

Quote:
Jim <-----Google my ass

75,700,000 hits and I'm still looking for yours. :arrow: :roll:

Quote:
you have a chance to come clean, reinvent yourself as a normal person and an honest guy.

Good point. :arrow: 8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:10 pm 

JoeyInCali wrote:
[b]Ed if you feel you are somehow famous or even more well known then me I believe you are a bit off track, nobody wants to google you and find out anything, so either post up or don't waste our time. I get that you'd have to post a group of lies to try to keep up the "I'm a cuemaker for 20 years" Schtick but you have a chance to come clean, reinvent yourself as a normal person and an honest guy. I'd say jump at it.

Jim <-----Google my ass
[/b]

You don't have a Myspace page.
You are not famous yet.
More like infamous.
:P

I'm gonna need a PO BOX like you do, I think.[/quote]

I told you before...leave eddie alone. He's busy. :arrow: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:12 pm 

I am Dave Keith, and I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. I've been trying to play this game for decades, but started to get serious about 15 years ago when we put a pool table in the spacious basement of our first house. I have never been to a VF party, nor to any JimboJambo (SP? that was many years ago on a news group far far away, please excuse my poor memory), but plan to within a year or two. I blame many of you Army types for making me want more and better cues, although my buddy Stephan here in Saskatoon has also influenced me by letting me hit with his custom cues before he flips them (he's flipped a Lambros and a production Falcon to me, which is nice). Mostly I love sneaky pete cues with nice wood, owning a few (4) with a couple (2) custom sneakies on order. This year I've entered the serious-dude singles 9 ball league, so I'll re-test myself against the best players in the city this year. I'll also have fun in a bar league, we do OK there too.

Dave <-- has sent gifts to III ...... ok, they were raffle payments that turned out to be gifts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:13 pm 

My name is Fred Agnir. I am 43 years old. I love red heads. I hate playing pool. Or, pool hates me, period. I’m a lifelong anxiety sufferer and it’s slowly but most assuredly taken over such that I can no longer play this game. Fortunately, I’ve had a grand ol’ time with it in the past so I still have my championship memories.

I am an Automation Engineering Manager for a huge injection molding company. I’ve also been moonlighting since 2003 as the writer for the Cue Maker’s Corner article for InsidePOOL Magazine. I’m entirely too busy traveling with my regular job (I’ve flown over a million miles) to write a monthly article anymore, so I might get in a total of three or four articles this year.

I’ve done a lot of color commentary for The Action Report (e.g. Shane vs Alex, Race to 100, Schmidt vs. Harrimann All-Around II), am the single-man committee for the Derby City Classic Louie Roberts Action and Entertainment Award, and am one of the few voting members for the BCA Hall of Fame. I’m also one of the five “experts” on Cuezilla.com. I am not a cue collector, yet somehow I have a few dozen cues.

I have a little background in art and art history, am an awful musician, a tournament Karaoke champion, and a poet. I’m probably more proud of the poetry than anything else. My daughters are 17 and 20. They make me poor (but very proud). And lastly, I’m the little spoon.

IMO,

Fred <~~~ Simple Man

- If it weren't for my mouth and my hands, I'd never get into trouble.

Name: Freddie Agnir - Questionable Engineer Cue Poet Manager
Hrs of Play: Just a few more than zero

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next