pool and billiards forum

pool is cool
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 pm 

Man finds out that gators actually bite !
Alcohol had to be in this somewhere !

Teens save man trying to wrestle alligator that allegedly ate his dog

By Evan Bleier | July 8, 2014 at 7:37 AM | 2 Comments

MULBERRY , Fla., July 8 (UPI) --A Florida man who attempted to wrestle an alligator that he claimed ate his dog found out the aquatic animal was all bite and no bark.
Matthew Pope was near Loyce E. Harpe Park in Mulberry when he tried to take revenge on the gator, but the 29-year-old quickly found out he had bitten off a bit more than he could chew.

Luckily for him, teenagers Daniel Butler and Ryan Stromsnes were nearby.

"I don't know what was going through his head because I would never even attempt a thing like that," 18-year-old Daniel Butler told Fox 13. "I just can't believe he actually tried to wrestle a gator."

Sixteen-year-old Stromsnes and Butler jumped in the water to help rescue Butler.

"He tried to grab the gator by its snout and that's when the gator got upset and broke free from his grip and proceeded to bite the man in the right arm," Butler said. "The gator dragged him under and he was gone for a few seconds. He came up screaming. I went to grab it by the belly and when I touched it underneath, the gator freaked out let go and look off.

Stromsnes helped Butler out of the water and used his belt as a tourniquet to stop the bleeding from his arm. The boys called 911 and wildlife officials came and put down the gator.

"We heard later he probably didn't have a dog. He was just trying to get the gator," Stromsnes said.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2014/07/08/ ... z371MeZ9x5

Attachments:
gator.jpg
gator.jpg [ 92.39 KiB | Viewed 3826 times ]

“he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions” (I Timothy 6:4)

www.internationalcuemakers.com
www.pro9.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:43 pm 

Safety First !
ROFLMAO !

Safety First, China… Safety First

Posted on July 9, 2014

Sure, China has had some safety issues in the past, but as you can see here in this photo from Nanjing, all workers are now required to wear face guards when welding on the job.

Attachments:
safety-first-16.jpg
safety-first-16.jpg [ 75 KiB | Viewed 3814 times ]

“he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions” (I Timothy 6:4)

www.pro9.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:45 pm 

The question is : "Dead or Alive ?"
I vote :DEAD !

Controversy over Whether Hindu Spiritual Leader Meditating or Dead

Posted on July 13, 2014

How would you know if a person is still alive?

India is known to have religions that practice the art of meditation. Recently, the Indian court has been asked to rule if a Hindu guru is really dead or just in a deep state of meditation.

The wife and son of one of India’s wealthiest spiritual leaders, His Holiness Shri Ashutosh Maharaj, claim that their family member died in December, but his followers say otherwise.

Controversy over Whether Hindu Spiritual Leader Meditating or Dead picture

Being the founder of the Divya Jyoti Jagrati Sansthan religious order, his body is now being preserved in a deep freezer until he “comes back.”

A statement on the group’s website reads: “His Holiness Shri Ashutosh Maharaj ji has been in deep meditative state (samadhi) since 29th January 2014.”

“Maharaj has been in deep meditation. He has spent many years meditating in sub-zero temperatures in the Himalayas. There is nothing unusual [about] it. He will return to life as soon as he feels, and we will ensure his body is preserved until then,” one of his aides said.

His son, Dilip Jha, meanwhile, believes that members of the religious organization are holding the release of his father’s body because they do not want to give up control of his financial wealth.

The Punjab Police initially confirmed his death, but the Punjab High court took it back, saying that this is a matter of spirituality, and that they should respect his followers’ belief of him not being dead.

http://www.weirdasianews.com/2014/07/13/controversy-hindu-spiritual-leader-meditating-dead/

www.pro9.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:56 pm 

Mickey Mouse a victim of identity theft ! ?!
Please tell me drugs were involved !

Posted: 2:35 p.m. Thursday, July 10, 2014
Mickey Mouse among victims of identity thief

By KIRO-TV
BELLEVUE, Wash. — Police in Washington state have discovered Mickey Mouse was the victim of an apparent identity theft.
Police recovered hundreds of false ID cards, driver’s licenses, documents and forged checks, after stolen construction signs led investigators to the discovery of an identity theft operation.
>> Read more trending stories
Among the driver’s licenses -- one with a photo of Mickey Mouse that said he was born in 1928, lives on Disneyland Drive in Anaheim, California, is 5 feet 2 inches tall, 110 pounds and is apparently an organ donor.
On July 3, a resident of a condominium complex noticed what appeared to be two stolen road construction signs in an adjacent patio.
The resident contacted the construction company that owned the signs and confirmed they had been stolen from a job site. The company then contacted police.
An investigation led to three people being arrested on outstanding warrants. A fourth person was arrested after admitting to stealing the signs, according to investigators.
Three fake ID cards were found on one of the people arrested and a search warrant was obtained for the condominium.
According to police, the search yielded 39 false ID cards and drivers' licenses, 67 fraudulent credit cards, 28 various false government ID cards, seven false Social Security cards and several hundred forged checks.
Police are in the process of contacting victims in this case.
"It appears that most of the victims in this case had their identities stolen after their mail was stolen or their cars were broken into by these suspects,” said Lt. Lisa Patricelli. "This is a good reminder for people to consider buying locked mailboxes, and to never leave valuables in our vehicles."
It is not known if Mickey Mouse had reported a car prowl or mail theft.

Attachments:
Mickey_640.jpg
Mickey_640.jpg [ 34.46 KiB | Viewed 3787 times ]

www.pro9.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:06 pm 

Man arrested for stabbing a watermelon in a passive-aggressive manner !
How does one do this !?!

Thomaston Man Arrested After Stabbing Watermelon
By LeAnne Gendreau | Tuesday, Jul 15, 2014

Carmine Cervellino was arrested after stabbing a watermelon, according to police.

A 49-year-old Connecticut man has been charged with threatening after his wife told police he stabbed and carved a watermelon in a passive-aggressive manner.

Thomaston Police Chief Jim Campbell said Carmine Cervellino’s wife originally went to police on July 4 to report finding marijuana and drugs in a toolbox at the house. The toolbox was not there when police responded and no charges were filed.

When the woman later returned home, she found a watermelon on the counter with a butcher's knife in it, police said.

The Register Citizen of Torrington, which originally reported the story, said the woman took a photo of the toolbox and the knife and showed them to police.

Cervellino was arrested on July 12 and charged with threatening and disorderly conduct, according to online court records. It is not clear if he has an attorney.

The couple is in the process of going through a divorce, according to police.

No one answered a phone call from the Associated Press on Tuesday morning to the Cervellino home seeking comment.

NBC Connecticut also called a phone number listed for Cervellino and no one answered.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Thomaston-Man-Arrested-After-Stabbing-Watermelon-Cops-267183461.html

www.pro9.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:48 pm 

EWWWWWWWWW ! Not much else to say !

Toothless man charged with gumming roommate's arm for not cleaning his ear

By Evan Bleier | July 16, 2014 at 2:09 PM |

LAKEWOOD , Wash., July 16 (UPI) --It might be time to consider the possibility of investing in some Q-tips...
A Washington man with no teeth has been charged with assault and malicious mischief after he allegedly gummed his roommate's arm after she told him she wouldn't clean his ear.

Kenneth Chambers' roommate at the Rancho Villa mobile-home park in Lakewood turned down his ear-cleaning request and he allegedly got so upset that he broke a door off its hinges and went after her wrist with his toothless mouth.

The 52-year-old didn't have his teeth in during the alleged attack, "but still bit down hard enough to hurt" the woman.

Chambers also choked the victim and dumped water on her, causing damage to her hearing aid, KOMO reported.

After the victim said she was calling 911, the suspect allegedly threatened to kill her.

Lakewood Police Department officers arrested Chambers after a witness confirmed the victim's account of what went down.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2014/07/16/ ... z37gbObhI4

Attachments:
toothless.jpg
toothless.jpg [ 6.93 KiB | Viewed 3737 times ]

www.pro9.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:41 pm 

It's what he gave up to pay for them I can't understand...
..the tattoos I can kinda understand !?

Man Sets World Record With Most Homer Simpson Tattoos
The Huffington Post | By Andres Jauregui

Posted: 07/21/2014 9:54 am EDT Updated: 07/21/2014 10:59 am EDT Print ArticleHOMER SIMPSON TATTOOS

To paraphrase Homer Simpson: If you want to remember something, get a tattoo.

Lee Weir probably doesn't need any more reminders of how awesome he is. The 27-year-old New Zealand man has set a Guinness World Record for "most tattoos of the same cartoon character tattooed on the body" with his Homer Simpson sleeve.

According to Guinness World Records:

Lee has 41 tattoos of Homer in total, each representing Bart’s dad in various states, including Homer as a jack-in-the box, the Grim Reaper, in an elephant suit, as the Hulk, and even Homer as a donut.
The UK's Daily Mirror noted that Weir decided to get the tattoos in part because his father, who he described as a "real-life Ned Flanders" (Homer's annoyingly nice neighbor on the long-running animated series), forbade him to watch the show as a kid.

Weir told Guinness that he paid for the tattoos with money he saved abstaining from booze for a year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/21/homer-simpson-tattoos-world-record_n_5605409.html?ir=Weird%20News&utm_campaign=072114&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Alert-weird-news&utm_content=Title

Attachments:
homer tattoo.jpg
homer tattoo.jpg [ 39.54 KiB | Viewed 3717 times ]

www.pro9.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:20 pm 

"What ? You say your girlfriend has crabs ?!"..
"NO ! She walks crabs !"

Restaurant hires girls to walk crabs

A Chinese restaurant has been slammed after hiring teenage girls to walk live crabs on leads to drum up trade.

Animal rights activists criticised the Pirate King restaurant in China for the stunt which they said was cruel.

The restaurant hired girls to walk crabs outside to promote the eaterie's seafood range.

The stunt was inspired by an artist who got international headlines with a project that involved photographing teenagers walking pet cabbages.

Despite the negative criticism that circulated with the pictures on Chinese social media sites, restaurant manager Peng Mai said the PR stunt had been an overwhelming success.

He said: "It was a lot of fun, and now everybody knows our name, and I don't care about the few people that complained that the crabs were suffering.

"What I can say is they didn't suffer long, because after they were brought back to the restaurant they had a quick wash, and then went straight in the cooking pot."

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Restaurant_hires_girls_to_walk_crabs

Attachments:
crab_walkers__europics.jpg
crab_walkers__europics.jpg [ 33.56 KiB | Viewed 3695 times ]

www.pro9.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:58 am 

Don't know...sounds like the parents might be "special needs" too !

Mom: I didn't know boy was dead until smell set in
Associated Press
18 hours ago

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — The mother of an 8-year-old Pennsylvania boy whose decomposing body was found on the third floor of their home said Saturday she didn't know he had died until noticing the smell.

Kimberly Tutko said her husband was the primary caretaker of their mentally disabled son, and he waited several days to tell her the boy had died, Pennlive.com (http://bit.ly/1rXiJbV ) reported. Police were called to the home Friday and found the boy's body.

Police charged Jarrod Tutko, 38, on Saturday with child endangerment, concealing the death of a child and abuse of a corpse. Court records do not list an attorney for him.

Harrisburg police said in a statement that Tutko informed his wife about the death of their son, Jarrod Tutko Jr., "when the odor of decomposition became too strong."

It's not clear how the boy died. An autopsy is scheduled for next week.

The couple's five other children were placed in protective custody.

Kimberly Tutko told Pennlive she understands people will find it difficult to believe she did not know her son was dead.

She said her son was severely mentally disabled and often difficult to control. He would rip up the flooring and carpeting of his bedroom, smear his feces on the floor and walls, and refuse to wear a diaper, she said.

He lived on the third floor and was primarily cared for by his father, while she looked after another disabled child who requires round-the-clock care and stays on the second floor, she said.

"My daughter relies on me," Kimberly Tutko said. "I take care of her and my husband takes care of Jarrod Jr."

Kimberly Tutko said her husband told her their son died Tuesday.

"I said to him 'Why didn't you say anything?'" she said. "He said he was too afraid to say anything because of other kids in the house."

___

Information from: Pennlive.com, http://www.pennlive.com

www.pro9.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:39 pm 

E-E-E-E-K !!!

Oklahoma teacher allegedly shows up to school drunk and without pants

By Evan Bleier | Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:26 PM |

WAGONER, Okla., Aug. 6 (UPI) -- It's normal to be nervous prior to the first day of school or before starting a new job, but it's important to remember to keep your composure -- and your pants.
Also, staying sober would probably be a good start.

A newly hired public school teacher who seemingly wasn't able to accomplish any of those things was booked on a public intoxication complaint after she allegedly showed up to school drunk and without any pants.

Lorie Hill was allegedly found in an empty classroom at Wagoner High School on Monday "disoriented" and without pants. The first day of class at the school is Thursday.

Two other teachers found the 49-year-old and called police.

"She was found in a room kind of disoriented," Police Chief Bob Haley told Tulsa World. "By the time we got there she was in a room and wearing shorts."

The suspect admitted she had been drinking and an empty cup was found in her car, FOX23 reported.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2014/08/06/ ... z39es6TQTQ

Attachments:
Oklahoma-teacher-allegedly-shows-up-to-school-drunk-and-without-pants.jpg
Oklahoma-teacher-allegedly-shows-up-to-school-drunk-and-without-pants.jpg [ 10.56 KiB | Viewed 3636 times ]

www.pro9.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:30 pm 

Another good reason to unseal birth/adoption records !

Woman learns husband is her long-lost brother
8:28 a.m. EDT August 9, 2014

(KHOU) A Brazilian woman got quite a shock when she went on a radio show this week to reconnect with her long-lost mother.

Adriana, 39, who gave no last name, went on Radio Globo's The Time Is Now (which helps people find lost family members) and talked to her mother for the first time.

The big news: Adriana had a brother who'd been given up as a child and raised by a relative, just like Adriana was. Bigger news:

His name was Leandro, just like Adriana's husband.

The two men, in fact, had the same last name.

"I don't believe that you're telling me this," said a sobbing Adriana, the Daily Mailreported. "Leandro is my husband."

The couple has a 6-year-old daughter.

Adriana was given up at the age of one and raised by her father, according to the show.

Her husband Leandro, 37, learned at age 8 that he'd also been abandoned at a young age, and then raised by his stepmother.

By the time Adriana and Leandro met, each had spent years seeking their birth mother—without knowing it was the same person.

"Now I'm scared to go home and find out that Leandro doesn't want me anymore," she said. "I love him so much."

She later said they will stay together "whatever anyone might think."

www.pro9.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:26 pm 

OUCH !

Bungling thief caught after he accidentally disturbed wasp nest while urinating
Aug 12, 2014 15:14 By Ben Russell
Jamie Brown, 29, was caught by cops who saw him crying in pain after stopping to relieve himself in a bush full of wasps

A thief was caught after he accidentally disturbed wasp nest while urinating during his getaway, a court heard.

Jamie Brown, 29, was caught by cops who saw him crying in pain.

Brown spent six hours in agony at Leeds General Infirmary, before being discharged and appearing before magistrates today.

Leeds Magistrates Court heard Brown had attempted to make off with the £200 fish tank but as cops swarmed the area Brown relieved himself in a bush home to a nest of wasps and fled from the crime scene - catching their attention.

Brown pleaded guilty to a charge of theft which the court heard breached a suspended sentence for a previous theft and a ban from entering the homeware store.

Lorraine Harris, prosecuting, said: "The alarm was triggered and police were called, parking their car near to the store.

"Police saw the defendant running towards them. He was sweating heavily and rubbing his head.

"He said he was running home and had been attacked by wasps. A witness said she saw him wearing gloves, which they later found with the fish tank.

"He had gone into the bushes to relieve himself.

"Due to the number of wasps in the nest he was taken to hospital. The glove marks were found and a foot print recovered.

"When asked why he was in the area he said he was visiting his aunt."

The court heard Brown has a number of previous convictions for theft.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bu ... z3AE9CDb2S
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Attachments:
Wasp-Nest.jpg
Wasp-Nest.jpg [ 114.91 KiB | Viewed 3599 times ]

www.pro9.co.uk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:07 pm 

Little azzhole has been listening to too many cartoons !

Chinese boy can't hear his cartoons, cuts high-rise worker's safety rope

Saturday cartoons are very, very, very important to one 10-year-old Chinese boy.

A worker was installing lighting on the outside of a high-rise apartment building when a boy appeared at an eighth-floor window and began sawing through the worker's safety rope. Apparently, the construction racket was drowning out the kid's cartoons, and he decided this would be an effective way to restore some silence.

"I shouted at him to stop, but he didn't listen and soon after, the rope was broken," the worker told Chinese new outlet Xinhua. "That's when I called to my workmate for help."

Forty minutes later, several firemen rescued the worker from his precarious position. Police questioned the boy, who eventually admitted to his actions. The kid's dad came home and apologized to the worker.

www.pro9.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:47 am 

How ?.....Why ?

Alleged teeth-puller's suppression bid fails
Last updated 11:49 05/09/2014

A man charged with tearing out women's teeth with pliers can be named.

He is Philip Lyle Hansen, 55, formerly of Upper Hutt but now living on the Kapiti coast.

Hansen has pleaded not guilty to 11 charges including wounding one woman by extracting six of her teeth with pliers.

His application for name suppression failed in Wellington district court today.

Four women, whose identities are suppressed, are named in the charges that Hansen is due to face at a trial next April.

He is alleged to have attempted to remove one women's wisdom teeth with a screwdriver, extracted two of another woman's teeth with pliers and "wiggling" the teeth of another woman.

Hansen's lawyer, Mike Antunovic, had argued that Hansen would be unfairly prejudiced because of the publicity that was likely to be given because of the unique detail of the allegations.

The charges include one each of rape and unlawful sexual connection, three of wounding and various assaults.

Hansen is on bail and attempting to set up a house-painting business on the Kapiti Coast, Judge Bill Hastings was told in court today.

Crown lawyer Sally Carter had opposed suppression being extended until the scheduled trial next year.

The public had a right to know of the allegations if they were considering hiring Hansen to do work for them.

The judge refused to continue suppression of Hansen's name.

He was told that the women did not object to Hansen's name being published.

After the hearing Antunovic told Hansen not to talk to the media.

Ad Feedback

- The Dominion Post http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/10 ... -bid-fails

www.pro9.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:26 pm 

"Nudists steal water !"
Where did they hide it ?

California nudist camp accused of stealing water

Sep 14, 12:37 PM (ET)

LOS GATOS, Calif. (AP) — Officials in Northern California are accusing a nudist resort of stealing water during the state's historic drought.
The San Jose Mercury News ( http://bit.ly/1xRDM6S ) reports that rangers with the Midpeninsula Open Space District descended on Lupin Lodge near Los Gatos on Thursday, saying the clothing-optional resort was illegally taking water from a nearby upstream waterfall.
The resort's owners say they are entitled to use the waterfall, which they need to keep their water tank full in case of a fire and to top off their pool for both skinny-dipping and as a backup water source for a fire.
No arrests were made or citations issued Thursday, but rangers dismantled a hose leading from the resort to the waterfall.
The resort is on California's official drought-watch list as one of five communities forced to haul in weekly truckloads of water.
---
Information from: San Jose (Calif.) Mercury News, http://www.mercurynews.com

www.pro9.co.uk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next