RIP Paul Dayton

Been a Tough Year
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:12 pm 

Hey Everyone,

Im promoting my new book and I wondered if Aiming is a Hot Button issue on this forum.

I will answer questions about my new book or you can email me.

aimisthegameinpool@yahoo.com
CreditCards,Paypal, Money orders accepted

Aiming with Constructive Clue Systems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:45 am 

Define hot button??

I believe there are people who use aiming systems and those who don't realize which aiming system they use, as far as hot button goes it all depends on how passionate the person who knows what aiming system he uses is.

I personally don't have a "system" persay, but I'd love one that I felt worked and I try to educate myself on all of them.

I've never followed you on az so I may be walking into a trap, but please tell me about your book.

Jim <-----Not smart enough to learn one

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:03 am 

For some, aiming system conversations will ALWAYS be controversial. And those threads will always blow up into ridiculousness. Personally, I don't like aiming system talk and I don't really use one. But I could care less one way or the other about the threads. lol

[JimBo] 12:29 pm: why is the forum dying?
[Patrick] 12:29 pm: diabetes
[Patrick] 12:30 pm: we need skinnier members

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:25 am 

Who are you?

And what's your background?

Jim <---inquiring minds...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:12 pm 

JimBo wrote:
Who are you?

"inquiring minds", plural? I always knew you were schizophrenic. :lol:

"To die is nothing, but it is terrible not to live." Victor Hugo-Les Miserables

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:50 am 

JimBo wrote:
Define hot button??

I believe there are people who use aiming systems and those who don't realize which aiming system they use, as far as hot button goes it all depends on how passionate the person who knows what aiming system he uses is.

I personally don't have a "system" persay, but I'd love one that I felt worked and I try to educate myself on all of them.

I've never followed you on az so I may be walking into a trap, but please tell me about your book.

Jim <-----Not smart enough to learn one

I agree people get very passionate about what is working for them and I try to stay out of that trap. I come to the aiming scenario from a different angle.

I like things simple that I can explain and understand how they work from the shooter standpoint.

If the shooter cannot see for himself how it works without a lot of explanation then its just not for me and thats personal Im not trying to tell anyone how to think on what they do.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:56 am 

Catscradle wrote:
JimBo wrote:
Who are you?

"inquiring minds", plural? I always knew you were schizophrenic. :lol:

Well as for who I am? I see Im already outed for being schizophrenic....lol

So with that out of the way Im Robin Kelly. Live near Winston Salem NC in a little hick town called Yadkinville.

I worked for the Prison System for 29 years and they finally let me out!...lol

I like a lot of people played a lot of pool in my youth and like a lot of people took to a career and eventually came back to playing.
At which time I was like.....how did I used to do that? So I decided to make some notes and that started growing and one day it turned
into a book and then later on into an Aiming System or System of thought pertaining to Aiming.

I like to refer to myself as a "Naturalist" when it comes to pool. I find ways of doing things pretty often that allow me to cinch the shot especially in banks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:00 am 

pharaoh68 wrote:
For some, aiming system conversations will ALWAYS be controversial. And those threads will always blow up into ridiculousness. Personally, I don't like aiming system talk and I don't really use one. But I could care less one way or the other about the threads. lol

I agree I have a position on all of that like most people do but it shouldnt get ridiculous from either end.

I dont claim my stuff is perfect, but I do know how it works and I explain it very well so if people like it they tell friends.

I just try to make things easy as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:24 am 

Why do you care if I can pocket a ball better then I used to?

Jim <---or is it just about sales?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:52 am 

JimBo wrote:
Why do you care if I can pocket a ball better then I used to?

Jim <---or is it just about sales?

That is a very pointed and important question that I will gladly answer.

I grew up loving pool and I came back in 2005 this last time and found Pool in trouble and getting progressively worse.

This bummed me out because I dont have a table at home and rooms were closing at an alarming rate and we lost over 50% of the
wholesalers and the list goes on, you guys are aware of all of it no need to go further.

My first interest was just to understand how I did everything I did in a very explicit manner so as to be able to tell people how I do what
I do and help people that wanted help. The idea that if you make things easier and more understandable more people might enjoy playing is a
good one in my mind. Ive seen a lot of people over the years that couldnt find a way to simplify things that they understood that quit playing
because they had no good ideas of their own to go on.

At the time and even now there isnt any information readily available....in most Pool Rooms in my area anyway.

That was it and then I saw the Pool Market and what was going on with that and I tried working on
a business model for Pool Promotion of events and found little that worked and made any money. There is a lot in the way of pool promotion.

I simply enjoy the game and would like to see some of the holes in the industry filled up with some ideas that work. From what I see of all the ideas
that have been tried....if it isnt self supporting it just does not work for long and that is the litmus test. If anything you do cant pass that test,
then it wasnt meant to be.

To answer your question: Its not so much about making money its about finding something that will support itself and hopefully be a turnaround for the
Industry as my goal isnt just a book but also a successful advertising vehicle for room owners to gain local marketshare.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:24 pm 

I just come here to get away from English!

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:55 pm 

Tony_in_MD wrote:
I just come here to get away from English!

:lol:

Absolutely Tony, just to make me feel at home how about send me about 15 pm's and accuse me of teaching pool to the Russians and everything else imaginable...lol....so youve had a dose yourself huh?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:37 am 

I see you know Tony, that's cute.

Hey Robin with your aiming system what exactly do you do with a person who can't hit the cue ball where they think they are aiming?

Jim <---thinks hitting the ball where you think you are is one of the hardest thing in pool.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:01 am 

JimBo wrote:
Hey Robin with your aiming system what exactly do you do with a person who can't hit the cue ball where they think they are aiming?

Jim <---thinks hitting the ball where you think you are is one of the hardest thing in pool.

Jim asks the key question that keeps me from spending time with aiming systems. Most of the time, aiming is not such a big problem. If I could make the shots I intend consistently, I could start working more seriously on the other deficiencies in my game, like CB speed so I can stop hooking myself from the next damn shot.

Greg <---- so-so banker, lousy kicker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:09 pm 

Greg Berger wrote:
JimBo wrote:

Jim asks the key question that keeps me from spending time with aiming systems. Most of the time, aiming is not such a big problem. If I could make the shots I intend consistently, I could start working more seriously on the other deficiencies in my game, like CB speed so I can stop hooking myself from the next damn shot.

Greg <---- so-so banker, lousy kicker

Funny, but when he got on his current slump, he went looking for a new aiming thingymajiggy .
It's always the stroke that's the problem.