pool and billiards forum

pool is cool
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:36 pm 

So the table had these red strips in the skirting like in the pool hall picture earlier. Unfortunately the red would clash with my decor :roll: , they had to go. The red was strips of arborite (sp?) so I went to see a pool buddy in the kitchen cabinet busine$$ ... damn that stuff is expensive :shock:. He suggested vinyl edge banding and it turned out his wholesaler had a light green out-of-stock firesale for $10 .... otherwise damn that stuff is expensive and a week away in whatever color one wants (I wanted green ... light and dark for a two-tone effect).

With only light green the question was how to get dark. Paint was the answer ... attempt one was a waste of $20 worth of Hunter green stain and pulling the strip through the can then hanging them on the garage rafter made a big mess and a terrible finish ... epic fail there.

Dave <-- can only post one pic per tapatalk post dammit

Attachments:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346031577.783017.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346031577.783017.jpg [ 69.43 KiB | Viewed 1955 times ]

Last edited by davek on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:45 pm 

The stuff was a perfect width for the wide strip but had to be trimmed for the narrow slot. Being light gage vinyl it cut pretty easy but needed a fairly tight jig ... with only one hard stop the stuff moved, another fail, but with a channel it was easy to use a piece of the old red arborite as a knife guide and the results were adequate. As a bonus for the next while I can bust into safes with no fear of being caught, assuming I use only the thumb with the sliced off fingerprint (no blood, no pain, just a very clean shallow shave).

Dave

Attachments:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346032130.204637.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346032130.204637.jpg [ 68.24 KiB | Viewed 1954 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 pm 

They look marvelous ... imo.

Dave <-- scrubbed the aluminum with magic erasers for that like-new shine

Attachments:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346032277.840456.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346032277.840456.jpg [ 66.63 KiB | Viewed 1955 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:57 am 

davek wrote:
wyattearp wrote:

That looks like some NAPPY HEADED HO CLOTH...not SIMONIS!! It's green dyed PUSSY HAIR or Soul Train head hair!! WTF??!!! Explain this SHIT!!

Looks can be deceiving you flea infested half-blind old man ... especially when you are looking at crappy iPad pics ! Speaking of pics, they are worth 1000 words.

Dave <--- wordy sometimes

I'm not flea infested, but this year on the golf course has resulted in a good number of tick and chigger attacks on my body and my eyes are still good. What the picture shows is NAPPY HEADED HO CHEAP ASS CLOTH with IWAN SIMONIS 860 etched or painted on there by DAVE PICASSO...also known as DAVEK the "COUNTERFEITER". LMAO

OR...the cloth is OLD because they quit using the white printed name in 2007.

http://www.iwansimonis.com/en/page/20-marking

(must be that cheap ass phone changing gold to white) :P :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:45 am 

Billy, I think it is just a grainy picture. If you look again, everything else in the picture looks nappy too, not just the cloth.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W.T.F.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:48 am 

I think you're right that it might be pre-August 2007 cloth, and that seems like the most believable explanation next to Dave or his supplier counterfeiting lol. It definitely looks different from the block letters shown on the Simonis site. I would believe it's old because billiards supply places have stock for quite a long time for certain items. Higher-quality cloth is probably one of those items. I tend to believe most people buying tables aren't serious players and don't care what kind of cloth it comes with.

Delicious meats:
Kurzweil's Country Meats

Blogs:
MassiveUnderstatement: Billiards and Food

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:11 pm 

It certainly seems like Simonis, and of course that is what I ordered .... must be the crap iPad (I) camera. Some day I'll get a good camera and then you guys will see how beautiful the room and table really are :P

Dave <-- glad he took no pictures on Saturday, it was a very fuzzy day indeed :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:30 pm 

davek wrote:
It certainly seems like Simonis, and of course that is what I ordered ....
Dave

And the boys in the warehouse said: "Where's this guy from...Saskatooooooon in Canada? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Hey Vinny...we got a nudda sucka...paint dat Iwan Simonis 860 on the cheap ass Malli shit and we'll whack him for da price of real Simonis. He won't know and he'll be happy as hell thinkin' he got Simonis and it's dis Mali green dyed PUSSY HAIR shit! HAHAHAHA"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:33 pm 

Is this table up and running yet??

Jim <-----Could never have the patience of Dave

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:58 pm 

JimBo wrote:
Is this table up and running yet??

Jim <-----Could never have the patience of Dave

This weekend my mechanic comes back to do his final stretch and install the rails/skirt.

Jim, you know the old saying about "pick two of the three" ... I went with good and cheap (and not fast). Patience comes from cheeeeeeeeeeeepness. 8)

Dave

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:57 pm 

I don't care about money, that's why I am broke. But seriously we must be going on months here.

Jim <-----You impress me, I couldn't do it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:35 pm 

JimBo wrote:
I don't care about money, that's why I am broke. But seriously we must be going on months here.

Jim <-----You impress me, I couldn't do it.

Let's take out the word "impress" and put a bunch of other words in place of it...such as:

amaze
surprise
astonish
bewilder
flabbergast
make me speechless
blow my mind
stun
stupefy
daze
shock
astound
bewilder
overwhelm
slay

Add more words...I'm all of the above (except cheap)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:40 pm 

It may be months, but he's waaaaaaaaaay farther along than I am (diverted attention/funds to completing the drum pracice room- AKA the bomb shelter- first)

I should probably post pics of that so I don't look like a TOTAL slacker.... :roll:

"Bad decisions make good stories."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:41 am 

J!m wrote:
It may be months, but he's waaaaaaaaaay farther along than I am (diverted attention/funds to completing the drum pracice room- AKA the bomb shelter- first)

I should probably post pics of that so I don't look like a TOTAL slacker.... :roll:

Drums?? Really dude? you're a bit to old to be hanging on to the rock star dream.

Jim <----Someone has to be the one to break it to him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:48 am 

I took some photos but not having luck attaching hem...

I don't do "rock" per se, I do Art Metal and Jazz/Fusion. I'm too old for a lot of things but that never stopped me before. And I have a 'paying' job, so no delusions here... 8)

J!m <= Been playing since age six, so why stop now?

"Bad decisions make good stories."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next