RIP John Davis

Been a Tough Year
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2266
Location: Maryland
davek wrote:
Rich R. wrote:
I'm sorry but you're falling behind the others.
It's time to pick up the pace. :shock: :mrgreen:


Others ? There's others ? I must be way behind ....

You're so far behind Jim, he is almost ready to remodel. :roll:

_________________
Rich R.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W.T.F.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Back in CT!
Looking good!

Blowing away my pathetic (lack of) efforts... :roll:

_________________
Jim, AKA "Cue Guru" over at AZ...

"Bad decisions make good stories."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:25 pm
Posts: 1910
Location: Canada eh
Ready to prep the floor ... that shouldn't take long :neutral:

Dave


Attachments:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333336534.197747.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333336534.197747.jpg [ 65.99 KiB | Viewed 2268 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:25 am
Posts: 6584
Location: CT
davek wrote:
Ready to prep the floor ... that shouldn't take long :neutral:

Dave


Looks great, what is your ceiling height and what are your plans for it??

Jim <----Thinks drop ceiling is good for sound if you have the height

_________________
I am in a very very small group of people that can buy any cue they want that can make that statement.
Congrats,
Nick Serdula


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:25 pm
Posts: 1910
Location: Canada eh
JimBo wrote:
Looks great, what is your ceiling height and what are your plans for it??

Jim <----Thinks drop ceiling is good for sound if you have the height


7' 5" from slab to the bottom of the joists. The strapping you see is gone now, leaving bare joists. That is the way I will leave it for now. The fir joists have reasonable colour and should look OK. One plan was to paint everything black but that seems like a lot of messy work ... I'd rather play pool sooner.

I've installed drop ceilings with the "minimum" 4" clearance, no fun at all. If I ever do another it will be 5" or even 6" below the joists, and at that the ceiling gets a bit low (for tall folks like myself :roll: ).

One purpose of a ceiling in the basement is sound abatement, but living alone that is not much of a concern for me.

Dave


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:25 pm
Posts: 1910
Location: Canada eh
No big updates on the room, I'm now waiting on my flooring guy and he's off to the VNEAs in Vegas so it will be a few weeks now .... dammit.

But my Mom is doing better and will be discharged from rehab next week. It's moving day today. Mom will really enjoy her new view.

Dave


Attachments:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337876053.110388.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337876053.110388.jpg [ 77.54 KiB | Viewed 2140 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:25 am
Posts: 6584
Location: CT
davek wrote:
No big updates on the room, I'm now waiting on my flooring guy and he's off to the VNEAs in Vegas so it will be a few weeks now .... dammit.

But my Mom is doing better and will be discharged from rehab next week. It's moving day today. Mom will really enjoy her new view.

Dave


Tell your Mom she got the 7.
BET!

Jim<---With all due respect of course

_________________
I am in a very very small group of people that can buy any cue they want that can make that statement.
Congrats,
Nick Serdula


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:25 pm
Posts: 1910
Location: Canada eh
JimBo wrote:
davek wrote:
No big updates on the room, I'm now waiting on my flooring guy and he's off to the VNEAs in Vegas so it will be a few weeks now .... dammit.

But my Mom is doing better and will be discharged from rehab next week. It's moving day today. Mom will really enjoy her new view.

Dave


Tell your Mom she got the 7.
BET!

Jim<---With all due respect of course


A few months ago I would have backed my mom against you in tennis .... Alas those days are gone now, but it's great to see her walking again :!:

Dave


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2266
Location: Maryland
davek wrote:
JimBo wrote:
davek wrote:
No big updates on the room, I'm now waiting on my flooring guy and he's off to the VNEAs in Vegas so it will be a few weeks now .... dammit.

But my Mom is doing better and will be discharged from rehab next week. It's moving day today. Mom will really enjoy her new view.

Dave


Tell your Mom she got the 7.
BET!

Jim<---With all due respect of course


A few months ago I would have backed my mom against you in tennis .... Alas those days are gone now, but it's great to see her walking again :!:

Dave

Pool players should know better than to hire pool players to do work for them. :roll:

Give you're mother another couple of months of rehab and I will back her against Jimbo in a tennis match. :mrgreen:

_________________
Rich R.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W.T.F.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:25 am
Posts: 6584
Location: CT
Rich R. wrote:
Pool players should know better than to hire pool players to do work for them. :roll:

Give you're mother another couple of months of rehab and I will back her against Jimbo in a tennis match. :mrgreen:



:-O

_________________
I am in a very very small group of people that can buy any cue they want that can make that statement.
Congrats,
Nick Serdula


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:25 pm
Posts: 1910
Location: Canada eh
Rich R. wrote:
Pool players should know better than to hire pool players to do work for them.


Flooring guy was here and ran out the tiles.

Dave <-- will be picking up the pace any day now ....


Attachments:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340239919.253601.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340239919.253601.jpg [ 70.82 KiB | Viewed 1982 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2266
Location: Maryland
Looks good Dave.

_________________
Rich R.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W.T.F.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:25 pm
Posts: 1910
Location: Canada eh
Rich R. wrote:
Looks good Dave.


Thanks Rich. It will look better after I clean and finish the tiles .... Very shiney mehopes. And it will look better still with a pool table right smack in the middle :mrgreen:

Dave


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:25 am
Posts: 6584
Location: CT
Get that pole out of the way.

Green? really? You went with green?

Those balls are going to make lots of noise when I pop them off the table.

Jim <---Thinks Dave better come to SBE now that he's got no anchor

_________________
I am in a very very small group of people that can buy any cue they want that can make that statement.
Congrats,
Nick Serdula


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Back in CT!
Looking great!

Cool design in the floor...

_________________
Jim, AKA "Cue Guru" over at AZ...

"Bad decisions make good stories."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group