RIP Dennis Dieckman

Hope There is a Golf Course in Heaven
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A joke...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:29 pm 

Can't understand why some people can get in your nerve with a simple post glorifying a cue made by the late Edwin Reyes.

It's like I don't have the right to make that post... :x

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthrea ... 811&page=3

“Winning is not how you should succeed but everybody must fail…” - Atilla 'The Hun'

Post subject: Re: A joke...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:01 am 

magnum wrote:
Can't understand why some people can get in your nerve with a simple post glorifying a cue made by the late Edwin Reyes.

It's like I don't have the right to make that post... :x

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthrea ... 811&page=3

You missed the point of the thread, as established by the original poster. He was asking for opinions regarding the "5 most significant cues of the American Cuemaker". Obviously when he said "significant" he meant cues that had had an impact on the craft and/or art of cuemaking. And when said "American Cuemaker" he meant cuemakers who are American.

Edwin Reyes was not American, and the cue you referred to - while interesting and attractive - has no particular significance in the history, time-line, or development of American cuemaking. So the resistance you experienced was probably due to the fact that your "submission" doesn't meet the criteria of the thread itself. It's very much like someone asking for names of the most significant NFL quarterbacks and you came in pushing Michael Jordan.

I'd suggest if you want to "glorify a cue made by the late Edwin Reyes" that you might be better off starting your own thread. Then you can glorify any cue you want to your hearts content.

TW

Post subject: Re: A joke...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:12 am 

Thank you for the response TW...at least you explained it to me very well and I now understand. I have no issues if that's the case but to be ridiculed is another. If he could have explained to me the way you did then the story ends, instead he throws a sarcastic reply to my post. That is where I'm coming from.

thanks!

“Winning is not how you should succeed but everybody must fail…” - Atilla 'The Hun'