Another One Gone
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Goat 2008
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:25 am 

Made By Jiasen in China in 2008.

Post subject: More Art Cases 2008
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:33 am 

As can be seen here Jiasen was a pioneer of the fully tooled over every inch "art" case way back in 2008. These were done somewhat with my encouragement and guidance.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthrea ... asen+cases

Post subject: Re: The Goat 2008
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:37 am 

While I appreciate the craftmanship of this and the amazing level of artistry... it just looks a bit creepy to me lol.

Disclaimer: I'm really a shit pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:45 am 

That Goat really creeps me out.

Jim<------ could be a good thing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:59 pm 

Its creepy because it looks more like a flattened dog than a goat. its the placement of the eyes. a goats eyes are way off on the side of its head with a horizontal pupil.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:11 pm 

Jersey jer wrote:
Its creepy because it looks more like a flattened dog than a goat. its the placement of the eyes. a goats eyes are way off on the side of its head with a horizontal pupil.

I think Jerry nailed it.

Jim <---still a creepy case

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:02 pm 

Well since no one before or since has made a case like this I leave it up to the artist's interpretation. Call it a devil goat if you want or the owner's pet goat from when he was a kid. Maybe just a fantasy goat from a dream.

Point being.......2008 first leather "sculpture" case ever made that I know of.

First "fully tooled every inch" art cases done by Jiasen in 2008.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:11 am 

That thing gives me the creeps.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:10 am 

John Barton wrote:
Well since no one before or since has made a case like this I leave it up to the artist's interpretation. Call it a devil goat if you want or the owner's pet goat from when he was a kid. Maybe just a fantasy goat from a dream.

Oh now I get the reason for this thread.
You somehow want to document some type of "I did it first" type bullshit.
There is no proof and nobody is disputing it nor do we care.

Jim <---Wow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:03 pm 

JimBo wrote:
John Barton wrote:

Oh now I get the reason for this thread.
You somehow want to document some type of "I did it first" type bullshit.
There is no proof and nobody is disputing it nor do we care.

Jim <---Wow

Yep, that was the reason. Because I already showed the Goat on AZ back in 2008. I just wanted the few peeps here to know that "fully tooled every inch" art cases to use your words were FIRST done by Jiasen in 2008.

As for no proof....well unless you can find a thread on the internet anywhere dated prior to 2008 that shows similar work - theme cases that are fully tooled and colored over every inch - this stands as the proof.

And obviously you do care otherwise you wouldn't have gone to such lengths to talk about your new case as if he is the only guy in the history of the world doing such work on cue cases.

You purport to be stickler for accuracy so you should be happy that you now know who was first with these types of cases.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:24 pm 

John Barton wrote:

Yep, that was the reason. Because I already showed the Goat on AZ back in 2008. I just wanted the few peeps here to know that "fully tooled every inch" art cases to use your words were FIRST done by Jiasen in 2008.

As for no proof....well unless you can find a thread on the internet anywhere dated prior to 2008 that shows similar work - theme cases that are fully tooled and colored over every inch - this stands as the proof.

And obviously you do care otherwise you wouldn't have gone to such lengths to talk about your new case as if he is the only guy in the history of the world doing such work on cue cases.

You purport to be stickler for accuracy so you should be happy that you now know who was first with these types of cases.

Yes John I do believe you are correct, if there isn't a post on the internet it obviously can't possibly exist.
Jiasen must be the first because as we all know they are known for their originality and ground breaking innovations, clearly they are pioneers in the field and to be commended.

I've never thought Phil was the first to do anything, but I will go out on a limb and say IMO he is the BEST at it, but of course that's probably just because I own one of his cases.

Jim <----Only makes claims based on owning it and for accuracy reasons

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:50 pm 

JimBo wrote:
John Barton wrote:

Yes John I do believe you are correct, if there isn't a post on the internet it obviously can't possibly exist.
Jiasen must be the first because as we all know they are known for their originality and ground breaking innovations, clearly they are pioneers in the field and to be commended.

They are pioneers and should be commended. 100% As you can see the idea of the leather "sculpture" cue case came from them first

Quote:
I've never thought Phil was the first to do anything, but I will go out on a limb and say IMO he is the BEST at it, but of course that's probably just because I own one of his cases.

Well you should because there are a lot of things Phil has done first. But you wouldn't really know which would you?

As for the best, yes at the moment he is THE BEST at building theme cases. I don't think anyone will argue that. He grabs a theme and definitely packs more eye candy into the work than anyone else ever has. I definitely gained some major appreciation for his work when I saw many of his cases in person at Will's house.

That said, I also think that the case makers who restrain themselves to a flowing design along a theme are very very good as well. Different styles. I see Phil's work more like a beautiful mural and I see work like say Armor's as a beautiful painting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:08 pm 

JimBo wrote:
John Barton wrote:

Is Phil better than Cyrex ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:11 pm 

John Barton wrote:
Well you should because there are a lot of things Phil has done first. But you wouldn't really know which would you?

I don't claim to track who does what first, it's not so important to me.

As for the best, yes at the moment he is THE BEST

I'm glad we have finally found some common ground, it's nice when you aren't so combative.
Jim <---Finally agrees with John on something.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:16 pm 

JoeyInCali wrote:
JimBo wrote:
John Barton wrote:

Is Phil better than Cyrex ?

Let Jim answer that.