RIP Dennis Dieckman

Hope There is a Golf Course in Heaven
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:14 pm 

This is my first lesson for every current pool player, as well as for every person who wants to learn how to play the game. Our first topic is public pool terminology. It is used by most public players in the world, in one form or another. I'll teach you the standardized version, which we collected and perfected during many years. Its crucial advantage over the outdated official terminology is its clarity. It's simplified and obvious, making it much easier to remember for both beginners and experienced players. By learning these terms, you'll be able to communicate with a much larger number and variety of pool players (over 100 million), as official terminology is used by not more that 200-300 000 players in the world.

Attachments:
Pool Table Layout.png
Pool Table Layout.png [ 102.68 KiB | Viewed 3845 times ]

http://issuu.com/poolkillers81

FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Beginners-Guide-to-8-Ball-Pool/446697018684848?ref=hl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:44 pm 

But not all tables are equal.

Jimbo's table banks short, for example.

-Patrick

Jimbo's table banks short.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:12 pm 

good to know that it is hole, instead of pocket. Only people I've ever heard call it a "hole" were just bangers at a bar. Sadly, those bangers being your target audience, you are on the wrong forum. I'd try finding a bar blog or something to post to.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:55 pm 

cubswin wrote:
good to know that it is hole, instead of pocket. Only people I've ever heard call it a "hole" were just bangers at a bar. Sadly, those bangers being your target audience, you are on the wrong forum. I'd try finding a bar blog or something to post to.

These "bangers" (a term which I consider a straight-up insult and disrespect of public players), outnumber you at least 300 to 1, likely more. They are the pool world, and you are just an unknown and insignificant groupation, despite your delusional idea that your pool is the only real pool. Official community is just a crack in a crystal palace which has to be fixed in order to create stability and perfection.

http://issuu.com/poolkillers81

FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Beginners-Guide-to-8-Ball-Pool/446697018684848?ref=hl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:13 pm 

What happened to Head String and Foot String?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:38 pm 

That is the stupidest pool table terminology I have ever seen. Never once in my years and years of being around pool have I ever heard someone refer to any of those locations on a pool table with the terminology you illustrated.

Now, I need to get back to selling some pool rods.

ratcues wrote:
There are so many things in the world that inspire cue art. Another cue doesn't need to be one of them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:34 am 

cubswin wrote:

As far as what he has illustrated, about the only thing I've heard over many years of playing is the reference to a pocket as a "hole". A lot of players use the term "hey...do you want to play some ONEHOLE"?

With all the varieties of aiming systems out there, one guy named his aiming system "PITH". Put it in the HOLE.

I have heard HOLE used quite a bit. But the rest, so far, is bullshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:54 pm 

wyattearp wrote:
cubswin wrote:

As far as what he has illustrated, about the only thing I've heard over many years of playing is the reference to a pocket as a "hole". A lot of players use the term "hey...do you want to play some ONEHOLE"?

With all the varieties of aiming systems out there, one guy named his aiming system "PITH". Put it in the HOLE.

I have heard HOLE used quite a bit. But the rest, so far, is bullshit.

I agree with this. Hole is about the only term on this nonsense terminology photo that the average recreational or once a year player uses. The rest is made up fantasy. Starting point? Breaking point? Locators?

The OP believes he and he alone know anything about the once-a-year player. He is wrong.

Freddie <~~~ less than recreational player

- If it weren't for my mouth and my hands, I'd never get into trouble.

Name: Freddie Agnir - Questionable Engineer Cue Poet Manager
Hrs of Play: Just a few more than zero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:01 pm 

What in the world is a "groupation"?

Sorry, but all I see is an anonymous person who doesn't communicate very well, wanting to be a teacher.

Let me remind you that being a teacher means being an extremely good communicator. So far that's not what I'm seeing.

Also, I've never seen any respected instructor who remained anonymous.

How can you expect people to follow you when you won't earn their respect and you won't tell them who you are?

Royce

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:09 pm 

Patrick wrote:
But not all tables are equal.

Jimbo's table banks short, for example.

-Patrick

How dare you!!!!!

Jim <---Thinks this could be one of the best all time trolls known to JA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:12 pm 

scdiveteam wrote:
What happened to Head String and Foot String?

Those are elitist terms, why don't you come down off your pedestal and join the masses.

Jim <---thinks there is something to this

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:35 pm 

Let's call pool as hole billiards too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

The advantage to using those terms in a pool hall is that you can get the 7 from anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:09 pm 

PoolKillers wrote:
These "bangers" (a term which I consider a straight-up insult and disrespect of public players), outnumber you at least 300 to 1, likely more. They are the pool world, and you are just an unknown and insignificant groupation,

The bangers may outnumber the players in the pool world. But the players outgun the bangers. Bangers will lose consistently. I'm going to guess that you're in the 'banger' category. A good banger, perhaps. But a banger nonetheless.

[JimBo] 12:29 pm: why is the forum dying?
[Patrick] 12:29 pm: diabetes
[Patrick] 12:30 pm: we need skinnier members

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:32 pm 

Murray Tucker wrote:
The advantage to using those terms in a pool hall is that you can get the 7 from anyone.

I was going to support this campaign, until you had to go and ruin my action..