RIP Paul Dayton

Been a Tough Year
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CHIHULY ON CUE
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:23 pm 

wyattearp wrote:
Yesterday my wife, who is a past President of the Master Gardeners of our county and far more refined and pleasant than I'll ever be as can be attested to by a member here, went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens with some friends.

When she got home I heard the story of the beautiful plants and work done by CHIHULY which was integrated into the gardens She asked me if I had ever heard of CHIHULY, thinking I was some kind of low life dumb fuck who had no class and worldly knowledge. :shock: :lol:

When I said, "OF COURSE I HAVE" :lol: and began telling her about all the beautiful glass work he creates and how a cuemaker on a billiard forum created some pool cues with CHIHULY designs as his inspiration, she was amazed and star struck at my vast knowledge. 8) :mrgreen:

This morning she googled "Chihuly Atlanta Botanical Gardens" and pointed out all of the ones they saw, which is just about all of what you'll see here. It is FUGGING INCREDIBLE and even more impressive when seen in person as she described them. It looks like a lifetime of work. I have no idea how he (and crew) pumped out so many incredible designs. This is ENORMOUS!!

Click the link and enjoy!! You may want to schedule a trip to Atlanta to see if for yourself. She won't have to try selling me to go with her if another trip is planned. Click each picture individually to see a larger version or the arrow after you click the first picture to scroll forward. I am curious as to why he didn't make a "glass eye" for himself. It would have been perfect!

https://www.google.com/search?q=chihuly ... QIMQ&dpr=1
Love this story! Love the answer: Of course I have!!!

- If it weren't for my mouth and my hands, I'd never get into trouble.

Name: Freddie Agnir - Questionable Engineer Cue Poet Manager
Hrs of Play: Just a few more than zero