SBE

It’s over, congrats on a nice finish Bogey
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:10 pm 

It is only appropriate to announce this here on jimboarmy.com.
After a grueling 7-year journey I had to make a tough decision and sell a piece of history.
Thanks to the notoriety it received here on Jimbo's Army, the buyer came to be and asking me to sell the cue.

You guessed it, the infamous warped amboynia burl Jeff Olney cue is sold.
The cue had maybe 4-racks of play and the shafts are worth more than I sold the cue for, but it's gone and it ain't coming back.
Selling that cue reminded me of the time I sold my telecom stocks, only I didn't get a tax write-off this time.

Thanks to Straycat for opening the door so I could talk about this cue openly in public, and I obtained a buyer out of the deal.

Peace
Ted

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:30 pm 

Glad to hear you found a buyer for it. I think. I have to be honest, I have no fukkin' clue what you're talking about but you seem happy about it so... good for you.

- B <------------ missed the fascinating story

[JimBo] 12:29 pm: why is the forum dying?
[Patrick] 12:29 pm: diabetes
[Patrick] 12:30 pm: we need skinnier members

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:35 pm 

pharaoh68 wrote:
Glad to hear you found a buyer for it. I think. I have to be honest, I have no fukkin' clue what you're talking about but you seem happy about it so... good for you.

- B <------------ missed the fascinating story

The story has a little bit of everything, and the final episode took place right here.
Six degree's of Jimbo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:55 pm 

In that case, I'd love to hear all about it.

I don't know Jeff Olney at all. I can only say I've seen a number of his cues and played with a couple here and there. Never owned one. Just hit with a few. Never saw a need to own one. They never struck me as particularly attractive (at least, none of the ones I'd seen). Nor did they leave me in awe with their playability. I do recall their being a thread on AZ some time ago in which at least one person had a miserably unpleasant experience with him. But nowadays, almost every cuemaker has a thread like that to their name.

But glad you got out of what sounds like a deal you regret.

[JimBo] 12:29 pm: why is the forum dying?
[Patrick] 12:29 pm: diabetes
[Patrick] 12:30 pm: we need skinnier members

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:22 am 

pharaoh68 wrote:
In that case, I'd love to hear all about it.

I don't know Jeff Olney at all. I can only say I've seen a number of his cues and played with a couple here and there. Never owned one. Just hit with a few. Never saw a need to own one. They never struck me as particularly attractive (at least, none of the ones I'd seen). Nor did they leave me in awe with their playability. I do recall their being a thread on AZ some time ago in which at least one person had a miserably unpleasant experience with him. But nowadays, almost every cuemaker has a thread like that to their name.

But glad you got out of what sounds like a deal you regret.

That pretty much describes his cues.
The hit seems to vary
This particular cue played exceptionally well, which made the poor workmanship even more disappointing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:52 pm 

Can't be too infamous, since I have no idea what you are talking about.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:48 pm 

cubswin wrote:
Can't be too infamous, since I have no idea what you are talking about.

It's a long story
The cue was infamous, but it was only mentioned cryptically in public by a Jeff Olney hater trying to drag me into a squabble.
The cue does not involve anyone, but since Staycat drug me up on the "what is a hack" thread, I finally said it.
If Straycat wasn't banned on AZ, he probably would of attacked me over there, and I wouldn't of posted on JA.
Honestly I'm kind of sorry I did.
Who ever heard of being questioned on what cues you own in a condescending manner, or comments like your stupid post.
I'm surprised that you let this place rub off on you so much, when you used to be cool.

You geniuses let a guy like Straycat make false accusations willy nilly, and then question me...unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:28 am 

blueslide wrote:
cubswin wrote:
I'm surprised that you let this place rub off on you so much, when you used to be cool.

You geniuses let a guy like Straycat make false accusations willy nilly, and then question me...unbelievable

What does it mean " let THIS PLACE" rub off???
And what happened that he's no longer "cool"??

I really don't understand why you are so offended, I've never heard of you and somehow that has offended you, I didn't mean it to be so offensive. Once you told me how important you are and what a huge deal you are on AZ I asked for some pics and info because I love to look at nice cues and am always looking for opinions and education about cues. I am sorry I came across in such an offensive way. I'm sorry you were forced to post here as it's clearly below you.

Jim<------ glad I was never cool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:44 am 

JimBo wrote:
blueslide wrote:
cubswin wrote:

I really don't understand why you are so offended, I've never heard of you and somehow that has offended you, I didn't mean it to be so offensive. Once you told me how important you are and what a huge deal you are on AZ I asked for some pics and info because I love to look at nice cues and am always looking for opinions and education about cues. I am sorry I came across in such an offensive way. I'm sorry you were forced to post here as it's clearly below you.

Looks like you are quoting me, but I don't remember typing that.

Never mind, I see it is something blueside wrote and you quoted it wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:12 am 

JimBo wrote:
blueslide wrote:
cubswin wrote:

Jimbo, what difference does it make?
It's so ironic that I got slandered on a thread about hack cuemakers, when I spent 7-years protecting the hack, and then I had to explain why I outed the hack on a hack thread, while being slandered by the only guy in history to proudly receive an Eddie Wheat cue.
I understand that when it comes to Tony anything goes, but what the fuck does that have to do with me?
This place is definitely the bizzaro world of cuemakers, hacks, and the straycats of the world.

Ted
Big joker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:24 pm 

blueslide wrote:

Thanks to Straycat for opening the door so I could talk about this cue openly in public, and I obtained a buyer out of the deal.

Peace
Ted

blueslide wrote:
If Straycat wasn't banned on AZ, he probably would of attacked me over there, and I wouldn't of posted on JA.

Congratulations on the sale.

:lol: You can always quit posting. AZ drama should be left there anyway, IMO.

And btw, "of" is not a verb.

from dictionary.com

"Usage note

Because the preposition of, when unstressed ( a piece of cake ), and the unstressed or contracted auxiliary verb have ( could have gone, could've gone ) are both pronounced or in connected speech, inexperienced writers commonly confuse the two words, spelling have as of ( I would of handed in my book report, but the dog ate it ).
"

Dave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:17 pm 

JimBo wrote:

If you were cool, you would know what "rub off" means.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:44 pm 

davek wrote:
blueslide wrote:

Peace
Ted

blueslide wrote:

Congratulations on the sale.

:lol: You can always quit posting. AZ drama should be left there anyway, IMO.

And btw, "of" is not a verb.

from dictionary.com

"Usage note

Because the preposition of, when unstressed ( a piece of cake ), and the unstressed or contracted auxiliary verb have ( could have gone, could've gone ) are both pronounced or in connected speech, inexperienced writers commonly confuse the two words, spelling have as of ( I would of handed in my book report, but the dog ate it ).
"

Dave

Excuse me!
The drama came at me from right here, not AZ Billiards
Man you guys love to hate AZ & Tony.
It's funny that nobody on AZ ever mentions Jimbo's Army.
Earlier in the year some dumb shit mentioned JA on AZ, and he went on to say that if we come over here we must be respectful.
It's cool that the inmates run the asylum over here, but it's really a bunch of Jimbo wannabes, who think they have a green light to bully people.
First Jimbo questions me which is OK because he owns the place.
Then that idiot Hidy Ho and his sidekick cubswin chime in with their heads straight up Jimbo's ass.

Ted Brown
Denver, CO
Will be at Felt Billiards as needed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:42 pm 

blueslide wrote:
Excuse me!

OK

Dave

<edited due to not caring about the drama queens>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:09 pm 

blueslide wrote:
Then that idiot Hidy Ho and his sidekick cubswin chime in with their heads straight up Jimbo's ass.

Ted Brown
Denver, CO
Will be at Felt Billiards as needed

I'm sorry your "infamous" cue story isn't really that big of deal to anyone but you. I'd never heard the story, and something that was so famously infamous I was surprised I hadn't heard about it. Good for you in selling a cue you didn't like for whatever reason.

As for being up Jim's butt, I have to say that is the first time that has ever been said about me. Now Ho I actually like, we used to do the occasional deal on cues when we both still brought and sold cues all the time.