pool and billiards forum

pool is cool
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Home Room Project
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 145
So I have a cottage about 2 1/2 hours north of Toronto. It has an old building on it that I don't really use. 15'' 5 x 15' 5".

I am having a contractor give me a quote to remove the interior wall, install some screens and spruce it up, and am looking to jam a Valley with Ridgebacks in there (I know it's tight). The building is unheated so we are talking spring to fall use.

Here is my question. The building has old wood floors that were once nice. My options are:

1. Refinish the floor so we have nice looking wood floor.

2. Put in some carpet (maybe cheap carpet tiles?).

3. Other?

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I suspect carpet will be warmer, quieter and more comfortable, but then it also can be susceptible to damp etc.

If I do go for carpet tiles but later change my mind and want wood, any idea if the glue from the tiles will cause a problem (I assume it all needs to be sanded down so I wouldn't think so).

Photos attached.

Attachment:
IMG_2481.JPG
IMG_2481.JPG [ 94.94 KiB | Viewed 1213 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_2482.JPG
IMG_2482.JPG [ 98.23 KiB | Viewed 1213 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_2483.JPG
IMG_2483.JPG [ 87.58 KiB | Viewed 1213 times ]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Home Room Project
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:42 pm
Posts: 406
Location: NJ/NYC Metro
Gideon,

They make commercial carpet tiles that come in squares, with a rubber back. Basically, you just lay them down and they stay in place. They are removable and leave little residue when/if you decide to finish the floor. Typically, they have a mild, peel & stick adhesive too. Just one option...

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Versatile-As ... /204594243


Eric

_________________
"You'll shoot yer eye out..."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Home Room Project
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:17 am
Posts: 532
That looks like the cottage in the movie "The Untouchables" over the border in Canada.

-Bogey<------Coincidence??

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Home Room Project
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 145
BOGEY54311 wrote:
That looks like the cottage in the movie "The Untouchables" over the border in Canada.

-Bogey<------Coincidence??


All I know if is I never take a knife to a gun fight.

Gideon<----never takes a gun either


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Home Room Project
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 145
So I ended up just restaining the hardwood floors and putting up new pine walls.

Image

Here it is with the table.

Image

And now with a 2x4 LED (and my dog sneaking into the pic):

Image

The pockets with Ridgeback Pros. Image

Image


Last edited by Gideon on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Home Room Project
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:25 am
Posts: 6512
Location: CT
Looks awesome, you need to get some dogs playing poker paintings on velvet on the walls.

Jim <------Likes clutter

_________________
I am in a very very small group of people that can buy any cue they want that can make that statement.
Congrats,
Nick Serdula


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Home Room Project
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 145
JimBo wrote:
Looks awesome, you need to get some dogs playing poker paintings on velvet on the walls.

Jim <------Likes clutter


Thanks. Actually need to pick up a pool rules poster. I think I've seen this one before, but can't remember if it has the BCA/WPA rules on it. http://www.muellers.com/Pool-Rules-Lami ... =s*posters

Also, shouldn't the dogs be playing pool, not poker?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Home Room Project
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:49 pm
Posts: 1000
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Gideon wrote:
JimBo wrote:
Looks awesome, you need to get some dogs playing poker paintings on velvet on the walls.

Jim <------Likes clutter


Thanks. Actually need to pick up a pool rules poster. I think I've seen this one before, but can't remember if it has the BCA/WPA rules on it. http://www.muellers.com/Pool-Rules-Lami ... =s*posters

Also, shouldn't the dogs be playing pool, not poker?

Just remember that the rules for BCA/WPA did not change when BCAPL (CSI) changed to full-table ball-in-hand after scratching on the break.

Not that anyone would read the rules.

Freddie

_________________
---------------------

- If it weren't for my mouth and my hands, I'd never get into trouble.

Name: Freddie Agnir - Questionable Engineer Cue Poet Manager
Hrs of Play: Just a few more than zero


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Home Room Project
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 145
Cornerman wrote:
Gideon wrote:
JimBo wrote:
Looks awesome, you need to get some dogs playing poker paintings on velvet on the walls.

Jim <------Likes clutter


Thanks. Actually need to pick up a pool rules poster. I think I've seen this one before, but can't remember if it has the BCA/WPA rules on it. http://www.muellers.com/Pool-Rules-Lami ... =s*posters

Also, shouldn't the dogs be playing pool, not poker?

Just remember that the rules for BCA/WPA did not change when BCAPL (CSI) changed to full-table ball-in-hand after scratching on the break.

Not that anyone would read the rules.

Freddie


I do remember that - I play the WPA/old BCA rules, so that's what I'm looking for.

I do have my old rule book from 1998, but a poster seems more official (actually had a neighbour say I should get a poster!)

As I mentioned in another thread on AZ, my neighbour's son played in a league (he didn't know what type) and so I went through "have to hit a rail", "call pocket", "ball in hand" and that's how they played. I thought "great - BCA rules.

Then he says that missing the 8b or otherwise fouling the 8b if you hook yourself is a loss of game, but it is only BIH if your opponent hooks you!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group