pool and billiards forum

pool is cool
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:26 pm 

Many of us here are cue lovers. Hell. That's a part of the reason this forum came to be in the first place... a common interest. And while we all have our favorite styles (some like PJs; some like "classic" designs; some like artistic cues...), it's easy to see there is a certain beauty in each.

That said, if you had to pick one cue that you've seen in your lifetime (either in person OR online) that you would call the most beautiful cue you've ever seen, what would that be??? Feel free to share pictures.

B <------- thinks it's been too long since this place has had some activity

PS - You can also post more than one since I know it can be difficult to narrow it down to 'just one'.

[JimBo] 12:29 pm: why is the forum dying?
[Patrick] 12:29 pm: diabetes
[Patrick] 12:30 pm: we need skinnier members

Last edited by pharaoh68 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:30 pm 

Judd's Dream Catcher
Jim Rempe's Crown Jewel Meucci
The Celtic by TW

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:54 pm 

For me, it's a very tough call to make. Some of my absolute favorites would be:

La Finestra - Manzino
This one by Thomas Wayne (not sure if it has a name or not) - http://www.cornerstonecues.com/Images/C ... e472-7.jpg
And this one by Paul Fanelli (now owned by Jim, I think) - http://cuezilla.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... elliPH.jpg
Perhaps Ernie's "feathers" cue.

See what I mean? So hard to narrow it down. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:41 am 

pharaoh68 wrote:

La Finestra - Manzino
This one by Thomas Wayne (not sure if it has a name or not) - http://www.cornerstonecues.com/Images/C ... e472-7.jpg
And this one by Paul Fanelli (now owned by Jim, I think) - http://cuezilla.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... elliPH.jpg

WOW!! How can it be that we agree so much on this topic yet almost nothing else in life?!?!?

I won't even bother naming other cues because you've nailed it. I am a huge fan of all TWs work, I don't put the cue you picked ahead of others, but the other two you posted are my favorites!

Jim<----- loves LeFinestra the most

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:17 pm 

pharaoh68 wrote:

La Finestra - Manzino

I called it "The Rosewood Provincial" (it's also one of my all-time favorites; incidentally,it has a black older sister)

TW
(PS: Fuck Photobucket)

Last edited by ThomasWayne on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:37 pm 

Photobucket has gone nuts.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:45 am 

JimBo wrote:

WOW!! How can it be that we agree so much on this topic yet almost nothing else in life?!?!?

I won't even bother naming other cues because you've nailed it. I am a huge fan of all TWs work, I don't put the cue you picked ahead of others, but the other two you posted are my favorites!

Jim<----- loves LeFinestra the most

This comment wounds me. I'm hurt. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:48 am 

ThomasWayne wrote:

I called it "The Rosewood Provincial" (it's also one of my all-time favorites; incidentally,it has a black older sister)

TW

Its gorgeous. One of many breathtaking cues you've done.

Like this one...
http://www.cornerstonecues.com/Images/C ... e530-7.jpg

And this one...
http://www.cornerstonecues.com/Images/C ... e748-6.jpg

Super hard to narrow it down, but the figure of the rosewood in the 'Rosewood Provincial' is just amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:20 pm 

Thomas Wayne cue pictured as a art piece cue.

Now cue's I'd actually use, the answer is completely different in what I like in appearance.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:13 am 

cubswin wrote:
Thomas Wayne cue pictured as a art piece cue.

Now cue's I'd actually use, the answer is completely different in what I like in appearance.

I don't think I follow this, what are you saying??

I mean I can understand you not liking the design or how the cue looks, but art -v- none art is just silly, how the cue plays is all that matters unless you have some mental block that interfere with your game because you are so worried about harming the cue that you can't focus on the shot. I may be lucky to have played with more TW cues then most, but I can tell you they certainly play very good. I've heard the knock that they are "art" and don't hit well, but I am pretty sure those people have never held one, let alone hit balls.

I've heard it 1000 times that cues that are super fancy aren't made to play, but bottom line is a cue is constructed to play pool and when you are shooting it's very hard to see what it looks like, so I call bullshit on that thought. I often translate that to read "I can't afford that cue so I am going to put it down". Bottom line is we aren't talking about what you prefer to hit balls with or what your budget can afford, we are talking which designs are most pleasing to look at. I can't afford a Lamborghini nor could I fit in one, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to drive one or that they are to fancy to handle well and drive fast.

I can assure you that you might love your 2004 chevy pickup, but if you hit powerball you aren't going to keep driving it every day.

Jim<----doesn't get how this thought even creeps into these threads, yet it always does

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:20 pm 

I'm saying it is a sexy motherfucker, one of if not the most beautiful cue I've seen, but not what I'd play with. Nothing more or less.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:13 am 

The Rosewood Provincial is easily my favorite cue. It is fortunate that the prettiest piece of wood I have seen made its way into the TW shop.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:47 pm 

cubswin wrote:
I'm saying it is a sexy motherfucker, one of if not the most beautiful cue I've seen, but not what I'd play with. Nothing more or less.

I follow what you said, but why?

Again for the sake of argument let's take cost out of the equation, then would you shoot with it?

Let's take it a step further, let's say with this cue you'd shoot 2 balls better, then would you shoot with it??

Is the concern how you will look in the eyes of others? Are you worried about damaging the cue?

Jim<----- just trying to follow along

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:24 pm 

JimBo wrote:
cubswin wrote:

I follow what you said, but why?

Again for the sake of argument let's take cost out of the equation, then would you shoot with it?

Let's take it a step further, let's say with this cue you'd shoot 2 balls better, then would you shoot with it??

Is the concern how you will look in the eyes of others? Are you worried about damaging the cue?

Jim<----- just trying to follow along

I would not want to ding it up, have it stolen, see it get bumped and end up on the floor. Too much work went into it to have it have one of those things happen. If I had my own table, which I don't, I'd play with it. Not a cue I'd take to the bar (only place that is close to play) or to the pool room where I'd have to watch it like a hawk.

If I was a millionaire about 20 times over then maybe I wouldn't care as much, don't know because I'm not. I'm aggravated currently because my playing cue has a ding in it, not sure how it got there, but I'm going to have to send it to Joey and have him fix it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:41 am 

cubswin wrote:
I'm aggravated currently because my playing cue has a ding in it, not sure how it got there, but I'm going to have to send it to Joey and have him fix it.

I think it would be a much more interesting read for all of us if you sent the cue to Rick for repair. Once he saw it was a "Joey" cue, no telling what that thing would look like afterwards. Pictures would be priceless. :shock: :lol: :lol: