pool and billiards forum

pool is cool
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:43 pm 

ftgokie:

Yes, I am actually working on some rings right now that are somebody else's idea, and i'm losing my mind :evil: :lol:

I might pawn the gold.

It's my thong now, biatch !!!!!

playing cue: can't afford one

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:06 pm 

qbilder wrote:
ftgokie:

Yes, I am actually working on some rings right now that are somebody else's idea, and i'm losing my mind :evil: :lol:

I might pawn the gold.

It's my thong now, biatch !!!!!

I feel tha love! Fukkah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:12 pm 

I have a couple, sir.

1. How do you feel about your "overnight success?" That's a relative term, I know. What I mean is:
A couple years back, your cues hit the scene in a BIG way. They had already been out there, of course...but your cues REALLY came on strong a little while back. Now your cues are spoken about in the same light as those made from guys that have been making cues for decades. It's gotta feel good, knowing your stuff is held in such high regard. Has that changed your perspective on cuemaking at all since you started?

2. Can I earmark sometime in the year 2016 for delivery of my cue?

Mark <---beerless, but still feels some flowing through the veins

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:45 pm 

First of all,thank you for answering,second of all,I never claimed to make cues.I work with woods,but not in that field.I was just told that by some others on the west coast,thats why I asked you....But believe me,you and your words have no weight here either.So once again,thank you for taking the time to answer my questons,now go back to being jesus-christ superstar of the cue-world.

Attachments:
U3801CAJ2ZKO6CAKJB6D2CAZH2F9MCAHN63KLCAQ7J8RGCAQUDFHACA4BXM4BCA1LG4KYCARG5Z43CAKWYWCGCAOZLXDMCAY1L2T2CA3MXOVACATMA156CA99IIKVCAM5UTJZCAG6GLDDCA2XI1PK.jpg
U3801CAJ2ZKO6CAKJB6D2CAZH2F9MCAHN63KLCAQ7J8RGCAQUDFHACA4BXM4BCA1LG4KYCARG5Z43CAKWYWCGCAOZLXDMCAY1L2T2CA3MXOVACATMA156CA99IIKVCAM5UTJZCAG6GLDDCA2XI1PK.jpg [ 3.53 KiB | Viewed 7686 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:10 pm 

8-ball Rat:

I pay little attention to what everybody thinks. Sure it feels good, but i'm well grounded. Cues are expensive toys for grown-ups. I don't take any of it very serious. My wife & children are my priorities in life & everything else is somewhere below them. Cues are way down there. Cuemaking is fun & I love doing it. Success or not, i'd still do it & do the best I can. As long as I play pool, i'll build cues.

Being compared to & categorized with the "big" guys is a double edged sword. It's nice to know i'm doing something well but I catch a lot of shit for it from other, less successful builders, many who have been doing it longer than me. I also catch a lot of shit from the groupies of other builders, hence the post above this one. It doesn't really bother me so much because I know they most generally are clueless. I'm friends with most other top tier builders & most builders in general. I don't try to impress anybody or compete with any of them. I am who I am & once you know me, the way I conduct myself on the online forums makes sense. My perspective hasn't changed on cuemaking, but it certainly has on pool. This game is plum full of shitbags. It's also full of genuinely good people. I like good people.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:24 pm 

qbilder wrote:
8-ball Rat:

I pay little attention to what everybody thinks. Sure it feels good, but i'm well grounded. Cues are expensive toys for grown-ups. I don't take any of it very serious. My wife & children are my priorities in life & everything else is somewhere below them. Cues are way down there. Cuemaking is fun & I love doing it. Success or not, i'd still do it & do the best I can. As long as I play pool, i'll build cues.

Being compared to & categorized with the "big" guys is a double edged sword. It's nice to know i'm doing something well but I catch a lot of shit for it from other, less successful builders, many who have been doing it longer than me. I also catch a lot of shit from the groupies of other builders, hence the post above this one. It doesn't really bother me so much because I know they most generally are clueless. I'm friends with most other top tier builders & most builders in general. I don't try to impress anybody or compete with any of them. I am who I am & once you know me, the way I conduct myself on the online forums makes sense. My perspective hasn't changed on cuemaking, but it certainly has on pool. This game is plum full of shitbags. It's also full of genuinely good people. I like good people.

Gotcha. Thanks for the response. Have a good trip.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:34 pm 

8BallDropper:

I'd like to think you have not come to this thread just to pick an arguement. Your source is a loser wannabe, whomever it may be. Be sure to let them know I say so & you can totally tell them who said it. But i'm seriously doubting the truth in their existence. As for the religous comment, that's just foul. You can answer for that one without my help.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:24 pm 

qbilder wrote:
8-ball Rat:

BTW - Is that a "no" for 2016?

If not, I'm gonna need a new dayplanner calendar.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:21 pm 

8 ball dropper..... go away. Simple enough for you to understand? Probably not, but . . . . . I try to make it idiot proof.

Scott

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:02 pm 

ScottR wrote:
8 ball dropper..... go away. Simple enough for you to understand? Probably not, but . . . . . I try to make it idiot proof.

Scott

Unfortunately for us, the fvcking idiot isn't going anywhere. He's one of the ones I have on ignore but that doesn't work when someone quotes him or I read from work w/o signing in. Here's proof that he's not going anywhere (as if the proof was needed). In all of my yrs online, I don't think I've seen anyone "leave" as much as him. :roll:

8BallDropper wrote:
Ok Ill be nice..goodbye!

8BallDropper wrote:
I am done.

8BallDropper wrote:
I am done here.Fuck this,and all the poser pool players inthe world!

8BallDropper wrote:
I AM DONE!!!!

8BallDropper wrote:
like I said..this is done.[/size]

8BallDropper wrote:
(OWELL) take care everyone....

8BallDropper wrote:
IT IS OVER!!!

8BallDropper wrote:
Im gone.

8BallDropper wrote:
Don't know,but not commenting on here anymore.

Tims <---- Thanks again, Eric. I hope you & your family enjoy your vacation. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:13 am 

8-ball Rat, Your cue is hanging in the shop, awaiting to get shafts mated to it & a finish. It's much better than the first. Once I get the wife settled in & our family reaquainted, i'll get the cue ready for you. It'll be ready before the weather begins to cool.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:57 am 

qbilder wrote:
8-ball Rat, Your cue is hanging in the shop, awaiting to get shafts mated to it & a finish. It's much better than the first. Once I get the wife settled in & our family reaquainted, i'll get the cue ready for you. It'll be ready before the weather begins to cool.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Um..........holy crap!!! I guess I'll keep my dayplanner as-is! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Check your PMs when you get back for a quick question.

Rat <----needs to change his undies now..for he has messed himself

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:28 am 

eric, is that olivewood?? bacote?
whatever it is, it sure is killerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Attachments:
sbe2-1.jpg
sbe2-1.jpg [ 35.02 KiB | Viewed 7494 times ]

BHQCUSTOMCUES

EMAIL: stix4sale@aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:39 am 

ftgokie wrote:
chris byrne wrote:
ftgokie wrote:
Is it true that while working in your shop, you wear a thong and dance to Macarena while drinking very exotic beer?

!

LOL Your secret is out!

Oops....Sorry Eric :lol: ....I know that you told me that in confidense.....Sorry Bro....but hey....I need my thong back

Working in the shop, while wearing a thong, dancing the Macarena and drinking beer is something we can all associate with. :roll:
However, wearing another guy's thong is just creepy. :shock:

Eric, I haven't asked any questions, mostly because others have beaten me to the things I wanted to know. I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to answer these questions. It was very informative.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W.T.F.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:08 am 

Brent, that is bocote burl. Neat, huh?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next