pool and billiards forum

pool is cool
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:58 am 

This forum has been set up for the purpose of special Q&A threads.

It is not for general questions, please do not start a thread here.

From time to time we have cue makers come here and answer our questions.
These special threads will only run for a week to 10 days, please ask as many questions as you'd like, once the questions are asked the cue makers will come in and answer them, it's not a back and forth type thing, once questions are answered the thread will be closed, so please feel free to ask a follow up question with the original.

Every question might not be answered, some of the people who agreed to help out with these things are not computer or forum pros please have patience with them. They are also limited with their time.

This is something that can be real cool and informative let's not ruin it by attacking people and bringing up problems with the person. It's all about questions about the cue maker and their products. I am all for the other stuff as well, but this is not the place for it, if you want to talk about trouble you've had with any maker please do it in the main section. Most of the people who agree to do these things don't post often because they have a bad taste for these forums, let's try to keep this section on topic and fun.

Jim <--------Let the learning begin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:59 am 

Jimbo,

I think you did this all wrong. I think you should leave the active thread in the main board and move it to here after it is "closed". I, for one, didn't even know that there was a Showman thread until yesterday when by chance I happened to check this section. By having the active thread in the main section of the forum, you will get a lot more traffic and exposure and this section can be a library ... just one man's opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:38 am 

Jazz wrote:
Jimbo,

I think you did this all wrong. I think you should leave the active thread in the main board and move it to here after it is "closed". I, for one, didn't even know that there was a Showman thread until yesterday when by chance I happened to check this section. By having the active thread in the main section of the forum, you will get a lot more traffic and exposure and this section can be a library ... just one man's opinion.

I agree. The only way that I knew, was from Barbara's post welcoming "Ted." I was guessing that it was Ted Harris, so I went to see if there was a listing for the latest member. Sure enough. Then, something, I'm not quite sure what, prompted me to look at the ATCM section. Lo and behold, an ATCM thread with Johnbo.

Roger - used to love those connect the dot thingys.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:20 pm 

So are you going to allow any other questions here??

http://www.rocketcues.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

rocketq wrote:

Stay tuned........

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:28 am 

rocketq wrote:

Rocket we do one maker at a time, once they are locked it's over for that maker, so don't dilly dally, some of the makers are to busy building cues to play on the net They normally run between 5 to 10 days each and there isn't much time for follow ups, summer is slow and I'd like more members but my guess is look for something about every 5-6 weeks.

Jim <----Planning the next as we type

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:13 pm 

bump for new members

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:52 am 

With All Due Respect Jimbo,

This Ask the Cue Maker Section is flawed and a failure by it's structure and the basis.

To make it successful all you have to do is make it an open form that allows interaction between CMs and people who wish to converse with CMs.

If you do this, I believe that is will see traffic that will be equal to AZ.

In fact I will go out on a limb and predict that it will see more views and posts than your main form.

Give it a try, what do have to lose. When you reach rock bottom, there is only one way to go.

Again, with all due respect. You have created a cool place on JImbo's Army. Why not make it cooler and more interesting.

Rick

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:41 am 

scdiveteam wrote:
With All Due Respect Jimbo,

This Ask the Cue Maker Section is flawed and a failure by it's structure and the basis.

To make it successful all you have to do is make it an open form that allows interaction between CMs and people who wish to converse with CMs.

If you do this, I believe that is will see traffic that will be equal to AZ.

In fact I will go out on a limb and predict that it will see more views and posts than your main form.

Give it a try, what do have to lose. When you reach rock bottom, there is only one way to go.

Again, with all due respect. You have created a cool place on JImbo's Army. Why not make it cooler and more interesting.

Rick

Thanks for your input.

Jim